Having a crush is equal parts exciting and nerve-wracking, but it’s made all the more complicated when you’re not sure how that person really feels about you. Did they ask to be my lab partner as a way to get closer to me, or do they know I aced the bio exam? Are they asking questions about my weekend because they genuinely want to know what I’m into, or are they just making conversation? It’s easy to overanalyze any situation when you’re falling hard for someone, but luckily, there are many signs to look out for that indicate someone likes you, but is hiding it.
- It’s normal to question why someone might conceal their feelings, and tbh, there are several reasons.
- The most common are fear and rejection, Dr.
- Sanam Hafeez, neurophysicist and Director of Comprehend the Mind in New York City, explains.
- Perhaps they are afraid that if they reveal their feelings, you won’t feel the same way, and it could lead to rejection, which could be emotionally challenging for them,” she says.
If you two are besties and have a good friendship, they might be worried that confessing their feelings will make things weird or mess up your dynamic. It’s also important to note that their cultural or social norms could play a factor, Dr. Hafeez adds.
“Depending on the person’s background and upbringing, they may have been taught that expressing their feelings is inappropriate.” Recognizing the signs that someone likes you — and understanding the possible reasons why they might be hiding it — can help you communicate with them better and eventually have an honest conversation about your feelings,
Fingers crossed, it’ll lead to something more. Here are 10 common signs that someone likes you but is hiding it.
- 1 Can you sense when someone likes you?
- 2 Do girls hide their crush?
- 3 How do you know if a guy likes you or is just shy?
- 4 How do I know if someone fancies me?
- 5 How do you know if a girl likes you but is scared?
How do I know if my crush likes me but is hiding it?
How to Find Out if a Guy Secretly Likes You: 17 Subtle Signs
- Look for signs in his body language like eye contact and leaning in towards you while talking. He’ll also initiate more physical touch between you.
- Study his behavior, including the time between text responses and how jealous he seems when other guys are mentioned.
- Consider signs of his affection in conversations; he’ll likely ask lots of questions to get to know you better and give you heartfelt compliments.
- Prolonged eye contact is a sign that he’s into you. The next time you see him, catch his gaze and see if he stares back or looks away. Most people only make eye contact for about 4 to 5 seconds at a time while chatting. So, if he holds your haze longer than that, he might like you!
- Conversely, some people are uncomfortable with eye contact. If you know he’s shy, don’t be discouraged; there are other signs that he might like you.
- If you’re nervous, ask him a question so you have an excuse to make eye contact. You could say, “How far are you on last week’s assignment?” or “Do you know what the cafeteria is serving today?”
- It’s natural for people to smile when they see someone they like. So, if your guy likes you, it’ll be obvious that he’s super excited to see you. Watch his face when you walk into the room to see if he smiles. A big, joyful grin is a sign that he likes you, and he’ll probably smile and laugh his way through whole conversations with you.
- Look at how he smiles at other people, too. Does he act that way with everyone, or does he seem especially happy to see you?
- Guys with a crush spend a lot of time looking at the person they like. He might not even realize how obviously he’s admiring you! Try to catch him in the act by looking over at him suddenly. If you see him staring and he looks away quickly while blushing or smiling, it means he likes you.
- Only check once or twice each time you’re around him. If you glance at him often, he may think you’re staring at him.
- Alternatively, ask a friend you trust to check and see if he’s looking at you. They can steal a glance and report back to you.
A guy who’s into you will want to get close to you. A guy who’s into you will be interested in what you have to say. Therefore, he’ll lean in towards you whenever he’s talking to you. Take a look at his body language to see if he’s angled toward you. Then, shift further away from him and see if he tries to get closer. If he does, he’s probably crushing on you.
- Guys tend to mirror people they like unconsciously. Mirroring is when someone subtly copies you, adapting a similar tone of voice and making the same movements with their body. Is he mimicking your posture? After you make a small gesture, does he do the same thing seconds later? If so, he might like you!
- Try turning your head to look at a window or an object in the room. Does he do the same? A guy with a crush might also look where you look because he’s hyperaware of your movements.
- He’ll come up with reasons to touch you when he wants to be closer. Physical touch is a crucial way to show affection, and a guy with a crush will look for any excuse to do it! Notice if he touches your arm, bumps into you, or moves to stand next to you. Hugs are also a solid sign he likes you.
- He also won’t pull away when you enter his personal space. He’ll encourage small touches and even lean into them if he likes you!
- If a guy ever touches you in a way you don’t like, remember that you can always tell him to stop because it makes you uncomfortable. Get someone you trust to help if he won’t listen.
- He’s trying to make a good impression but getting nervous about it. Talking to a crush can be nerve-wracking! A normally smooth-talking guy might stumble over his words or mess up a sentence. If he has trouble stringing a sentence together with you but seems at ease around others, he’s likely crushing on you.
- For instance, he might suddenly give short or yes/no answers when he normally likes to talk. Similarly, he might stutter or forget what he wanted to say.
- Look for other nervous ticks, too. He might crack his knuckles, scratch his head, or fidget as a sign of nerves while talking to you.
- A guy who likes you won’t wait around to hear from you. As a result, he won’t hesitate to reach out and chat you up at every opportunity. Think about how often he initiates contact by walking up to you, making plans, or sending a quick text. If he does it at least as often as you (if not more), he might like you.
- For example, he might sit next to you in class and say, “How’s it going?” or “How did you do on the last test?”
- Alternatively, he may text you out of the blue on a Saturday night and say, “What are you up to?” or “You busy tomorrow? I thought we could do something!”
- He’ll go out of his way to get close because he likes you so much. When you’re hanging out together, he won’t leave until you do. He’ll always stick close to your side, whether you spend time together alone or in a group. He might even spontaneously show up places he knows you’ll be just so he can see you.
- For example, he might show up at your favorite cafe or arcade because he knows you like it there.
- If you’re both at a party, he’ll be there as long as you are—even if other friends leave first. He might even offer to walk or drive you home.
- He’ll also try getting to know your friends. Since he likes you, he wants your friends to like him too!
- When a guy is into you, he’ll want to learn about your life. Open-ended questions require more than a “yes” or “no” answer, allowing you to give an in-depth explanation. Take note if he asks you many personal questions about anything and everything, including your likes, dislikes, and background. It means he’s trying to get to know you better—down to the tiniest details.
- He might ask questions like, “What do you do in your free time?” “What are your favorite bands?” “Do you have any pets?” or “How many siblings do you have?”
- Ask him questions, too! If he’s showing interest, exchanging questions is a great way to learn more about one another and strengthen your bond.
- When a guy likes you, he’ll try to downplay the competition. Consider how often you hear him mention other people besides his close friends and family. If you’re a girl, he probably won’t talk about other girls often, and the same goes if you’re a guy. He wants you to know you’re the only one he’s interested in!
- In fact, your guy might even drop hints that he’s single. Comments about his relationship status like, “I’m still looking for the right person,” or “I’m still flying solo” signal his availability.
- He won’t be able to resist giving you compliments if he likes you. Observe how often he compliments you and what kinds of compliments he gives. Then, listen for compliments that he gives to other people. He’s likely crushing on you if he compliments you frequently compared to others and admires the smaller details that other people miss.
- For example, if you change your hairstyle, your guy will be the first to notice and say, “Wow, you’re looking amazing today!” Try !
- He might give other compliments about your looks, like, “Those glasses look cool!” or “I like that band t-shirt. Where’d you get it?”
- He’ll also compliment deeper things like intellect and talents. He might say, “You’re so smart! I don’t know anyone who reads as fast as you,” or “You’re definitely the best flute player in band, you know.”
- When a guy likes you, he’ll try to prove that you can rely on him. Telling someone outright that you like them can be scary, so instead, a guy might show you that he likes you by offering encouragement, showing interest in your passions, standing up for you, and giving help when you need it. He’s trying to say that he’s got your back no matter what because he likes you.
- For example, he might help you with your homework, offer to carry your stuff, or offer to fix your car.
- Similarly, he might give you advice when you’re unsure about something or offer a shoulder to cry on when you’re going through a hard time.
- He’ll give you his full attention because he finds you fascinating! A guy who likes you won’t play on his phone or get distracted while you talk; instead, he’ll want to hear everything you say. Be on the lookout for signs that he’s to you. If he never interrupts and makes encouraging sounds like “Mhm” and “Go on,” it means he’s totally focused on you.
- You’ll also notice that he remembers your answers. He might buy your favorite snack for you out of the blue or ask to borrow a book you mentioned liking to prove that he listens to you.
- Does he remember something you told him long after you forget mentioning it? It’s a big sign that he likes you when he does that.
- Asking your opinion means he respects you and wants to impress you. Notice how often he asks you for your input or advice to see if he likes you. He might ask you how he should style his hair or which shirt he should wear to a special event. Additionally, he might ask for advice on tackling homework or what movie to watch with friends.
- When a guy likes you, he’ll also show you that he took your advice. For example, he might show up the next day wearing whatever shirt you picked or rave about the excellent book you recommended.
- He’ll get jealous if he thinks there’s someone else you might like. Bring up a guy friend of yours, then see how he reacts. Does he ask a ton of questions about the other guy? If he likes you, he’ll probably be jealous when you mention someone else—and question you to learn more about the mystery guy and your friendship with him.
- He might ask, “Who’s Matt?” “How long have you known Matt?” “What does Matt do?” or “Do you and Matt hang out often?”
- If you’re interested in dating this guy, and tell him that your friend is just a friend, not someone you’re interested in dating. Otherwise, he might think you’re dating someone else.
- Texting fast is his way of showing you how much he likes talking to you. Therefore, he’ll respond as soon as possible if he’s crushing on you. Notice if your guy is always quick to reply and offers excuses when he goes quiet for a while. If he likes you, this could be a sign of his crush.
- For instance, he might respond to a text immediately (or within a few minutes). If his reply takes longer than 10 minutes, he might add, “Sorry for the delay. I’m working right now!”
- Remember that it’s normal to encounter a delay in responses during work and school hours.
- He’ll also send texts casually checking in and asking you how you’re doing; it’s his way of staying closely in touch with you.
- Question How do you tell if a man is attracted to you but hiding it? Dating Coach Candice Mostisser is a Dating Coach for NYC Wingwoman LLC, a date coaching service based in New York City. ‘NYC Wingwoman’ offers matchmaking, wingman/wingwoman services, 1-on-1 coaching, and intensive weekend bootcamps. She specializes in coaching others on best practices and strategies to succeed on first dates and in the online dating world. If a guy sits with his knees pointed towards you when you two are sitting at a table, that may be a subtle indicator he likes you. Also, if he generally seems excited and happy to talk to you, this is a good sign!
- Question Does he secretly have a crush on me? Dating Coach Candice Mostisser is a Dating Coach for NYC Wingwoman LLC, a date coaching service based in New York City. ‘NYC Wingwoman’ offers matchmaking, wingman/wingwoman services, 1-on-1 coaching, and intensive weekend bootcamps. She specializes in coaching others on best practices and strategies to succeed on first dates and in the online dating world.
- Question I’m thirteen, if I sit on my boyfriend’s lap, is that seen as being sexual? (We are both in the same school.) Some people may view it as sexual if you sit on his lap. While you don’t need to let other people’s opinions shape your behavior, it can also be hard to deal with people making rude comments to you. Think about what you really want before you make public displays of affection, then make choices that are right for you.
Ask a Question Advertisement This article was co-authored by and by wikiHow staff writer,, John Keegan is a Dating Coach and motivational speaker based in New York City. With over 10 years of professional experience, he runs The Awakened Lifestyle, where he uses his expertise in dating, attraction, and social dynamics to help people find love.
- Co-authors: 21
- Updated: April 24, 2023
- Views: 624,254
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 624,254 times.
“I read the article and this helped me alot. Whenever I’m in class, I would see that my crush would keep long eye contact and whenever I’m near him, he acts differently than he does with my friends (in a good way). Thank you for sharing the article. It helped a lot.”,”
: How to Find Out if a Guy Secretly Likes You: 17 Subtle Signs
How does a guy act when he likes you but is hiding?
13. He is trying to impress you – How do you know if a guy secretly likes you? If he is always trying to impress you, this is one sign he likes you. He has feelings for you but just isn’t ready to reveal them to you just yet. He can also say things about himself that he knows will impress you.
Can you sense when someone likes you?
4. They find ways to spend time with you – It’s one thing to spend time with someone you like but it’s another thing altogether when they try to find ways and reasons to spend some quality time with you in an attempt to get to know you and connect with you on a deeper level.
You try to find excuses to spend time with them as well. And when you meet up, you will sense they have eyes and ears for you and you alone. They will take the lead to make plans with you. They will listen to all your stories no matter how long or boring or detailed they are. They will laugh at all your lame and silly jokes.
They will lean toward you and remember all the tiny details about your appearance and about the meeting itself. They will make a humongous effort to keep the conversation going. You will get a gut feeling someone is attracted to you when they do all these things. Gut feeling someone is attracted to you
Do girls hide their crush?
8. She Doesn’t Know How to Express Her Feelings – Often we fail to say what we want to. Many of us suffer from issues in expressing ourselves. It could be because of some trauma that threw us into this unwanted problem or, it may be due to a lack of awareness.
How does a man hint that he likes you?
Subtle Signs Someone’s Romantically Interested In You, In Case You’re Curious Does he like me? If you’re wondering because you have a crush on the guy in question, the best way to know is to simply ask him directly. But if you want to first confirm that there are at least a few signs he likes you back, here are a few ways to tell if a guy likes you.
This ad is displayed using third party content and we do not control its accessibility features. But real quick, in case you’re wondering if the are different when it comes to guys: “There are general behaviors that all genders engage in naturally when they are interested in someone else,” says sex and dating coach “We’re definitely more alike when it comes to showing romantic interest.” With that out of the way, let’s get into this.
People tend to naturally lean toward people they like in conversation, according to Battle. If the guy you like tends to lean his face in closer to yours while he’s talking to you or listening to you talk, that’s a good sign that he might be into you.
- According to sex and relationship therapist a person has more open toward someone they like: “They’re not closed off, their, and they can sit back and relax,” she recently told mbg.
- In particular, pay attention to the direction he angles his body.
- If his body—including shoulders and pelvis—are angled toward you and facing you, that’s a good sign.
But if he generally points his body away from yours, that’s a sign that he might not be into you. This ad is displayed using third party content and we do not control its accessibility features. Battle says people tend to find small ways to compliment someone they’re interested in.
So if a guy keeps genuinely complimenting everything from your eyes to your creative endeavors, that could be a sign they’re really into you. Eye contact can be a sign of attraction, though be careful with this one: Some people are good about making eye contact with anyone and everyone they talk to because they care about making the people around them feel seen.
But if your crush tends to look you directly in the eye and hold your gaze, that could be a sign there’s something more there. Even if he makes eye contact with everyone he talks to, it’s another story if you keep catching him looking at you even when you’re on the other side of the room.
- Stolen glances are a classic sign that someone is a little captivated by you.
- When you’re in a group situation, he still finds a way to make small moments with you, whether by asking you direct questions or just always responding to the things you say.
- He’s always laughing at your jokes, looks at you even when he’s laughing at someone else’s joke, or makes little side conversations with you whenever he can.
This ad is displayed using third party content and we do not control its accessibility features. In general, he just seems to be energetically drawn to you in the room—as if his focus, body language, and general energy all just seem to be kind of focused on you.
Even when he’s off talking to someone else, there still seems to be the vibe that he’s paying attention to you. If this guy is a friend of yours, someone in your office or class, or someone you just run into at parties sometimes, and he keeps trying to find ways to get one-on-one time together, that’s a sign that he’s trying to connect with you more on a personal level.
Though that could just be a friendship budding, it could also mean that he likes you romantically. This ad is displayed using third party content and we do not control its accessibility features. He’s always finding little moments to share physical contact with you, whether by putting his hand on the small of your back when he passes by you, bumping your shoulder with his while he laughs, or playing with your hair.
If you meet a guy, it can be hard to tell if a guy has strong feelings for you or if he’s just going through the motions. The key tell is if he’s actively initiating dates and making plans, according to Battle. That’s usually a sign that he genuinely likes you and wants to keep connecting, and there may actually be something there.
This ad is displayed using third party content and we do not control its accessibility features. Likewise, if this is someone you just went on a date with, Battle says you can tell someone is actually interested in you if they follow up after the date.
They might send you a text the next day saying they had a lot of fun, or they might send you a meme or article related to something you talked about, or they might reach out asking to make plans again. Are they texting you regularly and always keeping in touch? “Communication consistency is a great indicator of interest,” Battle says.
“Someone who is truly interested in you will not disappear for long stretches of time only to reappear with no explanation.” Some people just don’t check their phones that often, are slow texters, or are just super busy, so just because someone doesn’t text you back right away doesn’t mean they’re not into you.
- But if a guy always responds to your texts pretty quickly, Battle says they may be trying to indicate that they’re interested in you.
- Liking your posts and leaving comments doesn’t always mean a guy is into you, but Battle says to notice if he’s consistently initiating actual conversations with you on social media.
“They will not only like your posts and comment on them but also share things with you and maintain regular communication in DMs,” she says. If he’s constantly responding to your IG stories or Snapchats, asking you questions, and generally keeping the conversations with you going, those are all signs someone is really trying to nurture a connection with you.
In general, whether over text or in person, notice if he is with you. That means he’ll always ask a follow-up question or offer detailed responses to your questions, and he never responds with just one-word answers or “lol” by itself. Do you notice his face or skin gets red when he’s around you? That happens when we’re excited or getting a hit of adrenaline, clinical psychologist recently told mbg, and it’s a common sign of attraction.
“Blushing is an honest response,” she says. “You feel ‘caught’ being sexually excited about another person.” If a guy is usually pretty laid back or boisterous with his friends, but with you he gets a little nervous and trips over his words a little, that could be a sign that he likes you and is getting a little caught up trying to impress you.
- Is he always giving you big, hearty laughs—the kind that make his face get all scrunched up? Or he smiles a lot around you—that warm, intimate type of smile that reaches his eyes? Laughter and smiling are ways of establishing connection, rapport, and intimacy with others.
- When you’re around, he’s never stealing glances at his phone or the TV.
He gives you his full, undivided attention, and he may even go out of his way to remove barriers or distractions that might get in the way of his time with you. While there are universal ways that people of all genders show romantic interest, Battle notes that there are some common cultural scripts that men—particularly men who date women—might use to show they’re attracted to someone.
- These scripts, rooted in patriarchy, are based on gender stereotypes of men being more active and and assume that men will take the lead,” she explains.
- So, some men might be particularly proactive about showing they like a girl.
- Of course, not all men are going to follow the stereotypes that say they have to be the one to make the first move.
“A lot of my clients, regardless of gender, want to feel like an equal when it comes to courtship and are just as likely to show their interest first as they are to take someone else’s lead,” Battle explains. So even if he isn’t the one making a move, you’ll know a guy likes you if he responds positively when you make a move.
Here’s the thing about trying to know if a guy likes you: Sometimes looking for small signs is never going to give you an accurate full picture of what’s going on. Some guys will do all of the above with their friends, while other guys will like someone but not do any of the above. “Some folks may be less able to express their attractions as overtly as this,” Battle says.
“For instance, my shy clients sometimes struggle with externalizing their feelings for a crush even in subtle ways. That means that even though they like someone, it might be harder for the other person to tell. When in doubt, talk about it!” If you’re not sure if a guy likes you but is hiding it, just ask him and let him tell you directly how he feels.
It sounds scary, but it definitely doesn’t have to be! A simple “Hey, I think you’re really cool, and I’m kind of into you—are you into me?” is casual, direct, a little sexy, and also nonthreatening. If it’s a no, at least you know! And if it’s a yes, now the fun stuff begins. is a multi-certified sex educator and relationship coach helping people figure out how to create dating and sex lives that actually feel good — more open, more optimistic, and more pleasurable.
In addition to working with individuals in her private practice, Kelly serves as the Sex & Relationships Editor at mindbodygreen. She has a degree in journalism from, and she’s been trained and certified by leading sex and relationship institutions such as and, among others.
- Her work has been featured at The Cut, Vice, Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, and elsewhere.
- With her warm, playful approach to coaching and facilitation, Kelly creates refreshingly candid spaces for processing and healing challenges around dating, sexuality, identity, body image, and relationships.
- She’s particularly enthusiastic about helping softhearted women get re-energized around the dating experience and find joy in the process of connecting with others.
She believes relationships should be easy—and that, with room for self-reflection and the right toolkit, they can be. You can stay in the loop about her latest programs, gatherings, and other projects through her newsletter: © 2009 – 2023 mindbodygreen LLC.
Is he interested or just being nice?
Flirty or Just Nice? 15+ Ways to Tell if a Guy Is Interested in You or Just Being Friendly
- Some of these signals are really obvious, so this is a good place to start. There are a few dead giveaways that indicate he’s interested. If he holds a hug for a super long time or he “accidentally” brushes your shoulder or touches you, he’s probably into you. If he’s just being friendly, he may smile and make eye contact, but he won’t go out of his way to touch you.
- The classic “brush your hair away with his finger” move is common in movies, but it rarely comes up in real life. If he pulls this one, he’s almost 100% romantically interested.
- If he often steals glances from across the room, he may like you. A friendly guy will definitely make eye contact during conversation—it’s only the polite thing to do, after all—but if he looks at you randomly from afar, he’s interested. If you ever catch him trying to sneak a peek at a part of your body other than your eyes while you do talk, he’s definitely interested. The next time you’re around him, track where his eyes go!
- His eyes may even dilate a bit when he looks at you. This is a common response to looking at someone you find attractive!
- Bring up an obscure interest of yours and see how he acts. If he isn’t romantically interested in you, he won’t reflect your excitement. If he is, he’ll ask a bunch of questions or say “That’s always something I’ve been interested in!” Playing along and expressing interest in something he doesn’t actually enjoy is a sign that he’d do anything if it means he gets to be around you, which points towards romantic interest!
- It’s got to be an interest most people don’t have, though. If you say “I love travelling,” the odds are very high that it’s actually something he’s fond of. Bring up an obscure movie you love, or a hobby that’s unique to you.
- For example, you might say something like, “You ever see Sabrina ? It’s an old Humphrey Bogart film. I rewatched it the other day—it’s so good!” If he says, “No, I really don’t enjoy old movies,” he probably isn’t into you. If he says, “No, but I’d love to see it sometime!” he’s definitely in.
- You could also say, “I cannot wait for the weekend. I haven’t been able to go out dancing in a while.” If he says “Oh, I suck at dancing,” it’s a sign he’s probably just a friendly guy. If he goes, “I’ve got two left feet, but that does sound fun!” he might be into you.
- If he invites you over and his friends are there, he’s just a social guy. However, if he invites you to meet him at the local bar and he’s all alone, it’s a pretty big sign he’s got the hots for you. Friendly people go out of their way to invite as many people as they can to events or hangout sessions, while a guy with a crush will do whatever he can to get to know you one-on-one.
- If you’re hanging out talking to people at a social event and he tries to pull you aside to talk to you separately, that could be a big sign he’s interested.
- If he looks a little bummed out or he changes his behavior when your one-on-one conversations get interrupted, that could be another signal he has got feelings for you.
- If he’s nicer to you than he is to everyone else, he’s into you. A friendly fella is going to go out of his way to be friendly with everyone. They might slap everyone’s back when they congratulate them, or throw hugs and smiles around like they’re trying to campaign for president. But if it feels like he’s especially kind or sweet with you, it might be a sign that he’s got deeper, stronger feelings for you.
- If he lights up with a smile when you walk in the room but he doesn’t greet his friends the same way, it’s a huge giveaway he likes you.
- Try making a bit of a raunchy or sexy “joke” to see what he does. If he doesn’t play along with it, he’s probably not all that interested. Just play it off like you were joking and didn’t mean it if he gets weird about it. If he does lean into it though, it’s a huge indication that he’s got a thing for you. Be careful, though; if you don’t know him really well or you work together or something, this can really backfire.
- For example, you could joke about him being your “history class husband.” If he leans into it and jokes back about how you’re his “history class wife/husband” too, he’s probably into you.
- You could say something like, “Wow, you’ve got this real Chris Pratt cool hot guy thing going on today! I’d pick you up at the bar no question!” If he chuckles and goes, “I’d enjoy that. We could go on a Guardians of the Galaxy adventure together,” you’re in. If he says, “Oh, thanks! Anyways” he’s just a nice guy.
- If he brings up a partner or spouse, he’s signaling he’s off limits. Constantly mentioning how he doesn’t have anything going on romantically though, he’s probably dropping the hint that he’s available and open to going out. Pay attention whenever he drops some background info about his love life to learn more!
- If he ever brings up an interest in another guy or girl who isn’t you, it’s probably not going happen. Guys will avoid mentioning other crushes if they’re into you like that.
- If you like this guy and he asks if you’re single, it’s a big sign. Men will rarely go out of their way to pry into someone’s love life unless they’ve got a vested interest in it. In fact, if he’s just a friendly guy, he would probably go out of his way to avoid this topic, since it might cross an imagined social boundary. If he asks, “So, you seeing anyone?” it’s a massive sign he’s interested.
- The one exception here is if you were already casually talking about someone else’s love life, or there’s some sort of reasonable trigger for the conversation and it’s natural for him to ask. In these rare situations, it may not mean that much.
- If your knees touch on accident, does he pull away or stay there? If you brush against him in a hallway or something and he leans away from you, the odds are he’s just exceptionally friendly. However, if he smiles or blushes when you brush against him—or even better, he touches you back—go ahead and call it. He’s into you.
- A friendly guy might even apologize if you touch him and he’s not interested.
- Tell him you like his hair and watch how he responds. If he starts talking about how great his stylist is or how he just learned a new brushing technique, he may be nice but he’s probably uninterested. But if he blushes, smiles, and says something like, “Aw thanks, I really appreciate that. Your hair looks lovely today as well,” then he’s likely got a romantic interest in you.
- Try to pick something physical to compliment him on. While it’s generally safer to stick to non-physical compliments, you kind of want to see his reaction here. Don’t say, “I like your tie,” say something like, “That tie really brings out your eyes. They’re so seductive!”
- Guys tend to try hard to be cool when they’re into someone. He might be braggadocious to the point of parody, or get flustered and start making bad jokes. He might stumble, or stutter. He could even try to impress you by doing something really dumb, like showing you how far he can throw a football, or how he can backflip into a pool. If you pay close attention, he may even try to pump out his chest and tuck his tummy in when you’re around. All of this goofy nonsense is just a sweet guy trying to amaze you.
- If he’s only doing this kind of stuff in front of you and he seems like a pretty tame, normal guy everywhere else, it’s another signal he’s interested.
- Constant fidgeting with his hair or clothes could also mean he wants to look good for you.
- This one little phrase is actually a huge giveaway he likes you. A friendly guy might say “it’s good to see you,” but “missing” is romantic. This is one of those subtle tip-offs that a lot of people don’t pick up on. If you see this guy regularly, pay attention to what he says the next time there’s a large gap between seeing one another.
- A lot of guys get skittish about saying so-called “cute” things like, “I miss you.” If he isn’t a particularly open guy but he still throws out an “I miss you,” you can call it right there—he’s super interested.
- Did he hit you with “I’m happy to see you!” or, “Hey! It’s you!” If so, he’s probably just really friendly.
- If he seems to remember things you do or say, that’s more than being nice. It’s true that friendly people will try to remember names, hobbies, and fun facts about people they interact with, but if he seems to remember your best friend’s name or he recalls that you really love Katy Perry—it could be a sign he’s into you.
- This is especially true if he seems to recall things specific to your tastes that have nothing to do with him, like your favorite ice cream flavor, or the name of the perfume you wear.
- Seeking your approval is a huge sign he likes you. If he turns to look at you after he tells a joke in front of other people, it’s a sign that he really cares if you personally found it funny. If he solicits your advice, asks what you think, or tracks your reactions, it usually means that he really wants to know how you feel about him!
- A friendly guy may not necessarily care about how you feel about things they do or say. Being friendly doesn’t automatically mean they’re interested in your opinion.
- A question like, “Think I got an A on that presentation?” may not mean much, but asking, “How did I look up there?” is a little bit of a sign.
- A fella with a crush will go out of their way to defend you. If someone pushes against something you say or disagrees with you, a guy who likes you is going to come to your defense—even if he doesn’t necessarily think you’re right. If you know he’s not really a fan of rock music, but someone else mentions how they hate your favorite band and he steps up to defend them, he’s probably into you.
- If he like you, he may even try to “protect” you. For example, if you’re out for drinks with friends, he may position himself in between you and other guys.
- A friendly guy is very likely to stand up for you if you’re being straight up bullied, but during a disagreement, they won’t automatically take your side.
- If you still can’t tell, ask a mutual friend if he talks about you. This is a huge giveaway a lot of the time since a lot of guys can’t help but talk about people they’re crushing on. Pull a close friend aside and just casually ask them, “Hey, does he ever talk about me when I’m not around?” If he does bring you up often, it’s a super promising sign he’s interested.
- If you’re worried about how this will look, you can always play it off like you’re worried he’s gossiping about you or something like that.
- Make sure that you’re asking a trustworthy friend who won’t go spilling the beans if you’re worried about him finding out.
- Question Is it okay to flirt with a guy? John Keegan is a Dating Coach and motivational speaker based in New York City. With over 10 years of professional experience, he runs The Awakened Lifestyle, where he uses his expertise in dating, attraction, and social dynamics to help people find love. He teaches and holds dating workshops internationally, from Los Angeles to London and from Rio de Janeiro to Prague. His work has been featured in the New York Times, Humans of New York, and Men’s Health. Definitely! Flirting is a great, healthy way to make a connection with someone.
- Question How do you move things forward? John Keegan is a Dating Coach and motivational speaker based in New York City. With over 10 years of professional experience, he runs The Awakened Lifestyle, where he uses his expertise in dating, attraction, and social dynamics to help people find love. He teaches and holds dating workshops internationally, from Los Angeles to London and from Rio de Janeiro to Prague. His work has been featured in the New York Times, Humans of New York, and Men’s Health. Try switching up your usual routine! If you usually see her in a coffeeshop, offer to meet up at an art gallery sometime. While you’re escalating things a little bit, you aren’t putting any pressure on her to change your usual meeting place.
- Question How do you get a guy’s attention at a bar? John Keegan is a Dating Coach and motivational speaker based in New York City. With over 10 years of professional experience, he runs The Awakened Lifestyle, where he uses his expertise in dating, attraction, and social dynamics to help people find love. He teaches and holds dating workshops internationally, from Los Angeles to London and from Rio de Janeiro to Prague. His work has been featured in the New York Times, Humans of New York, and Men’s Health. Eye contact is always nice. Try smiling and waving at the guy. This way, you show you’re open and want to know him better, making it safe for him to come over and say hi to you.
Ask a Question Advertisement This article was written by and by wikiHow staff writer,, John Keegan is a Dating Coach and motivational speaker based in New York City. With over 10 years of professional experience, he runs The Awakened Lifestyle, where he uses his expertise in dating, attraction, and social dynamics to help people find love.
- Co-authors: 6
- Updated: May 4, 2023
- Views: 192,045
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 192,045 times. : Flirty or Just Nice? 15+ Ways to Tell if a Guy Is Interested in You or Just Being Friendly
How do you know if a guy likes you or is just shy?
Key Pointers –
- A shy guy may steal glances at you if he happens to like you and get nervous around you.
- He will listen to you intently and will do anything to grant your wishes.
- He may look upset if you show interest in other men.
- Nicknaming and noticing your small changes are a few signs that indicate his interest in you.
Are you wondering if a shy guy likes you? Explore this video to find sixteen clear signs of his possible interest. Was this article helpful?
How do you hint if you like someone?
50 Ways To Tell Someone You Like Them A small gesture can be worth 1,000 words. March 27, 2019 When you like someone, whether it’s a crush or your long-term partner, sometimes just telling them you like them isn’t enough—showing them how much you care can speak volumes. Here’s 50 creative ways to tell someone you like them without just flat out saying it. Especially if it’s a budding relationship, these little actions can be the perfect way to drop hints.
Touch your face and hair when you’re talking to them.Touch them, casually, on the arm or knee when you’re talking to them.Laugh at their jokes.Touch their arm or knee when you laugh at their jokes.Notice when their glass is empty, and always offer to fill it up or get them another.Make eye contact from across the room at parties; smile.If you get an inside joke going between just the two of you, work it into conversation often.Say their name when you’re talking to them. (It’s true! People thrill at the sound of their own name—especially when uttered by someone they’re interested in.)Find a common enemy: another party guest, an annoying guy at the bar, a broken jukebox, the lack of pizza joints in this part of town. It’s you two against the world.If they mention an ex, or a date gone bad, tell them that they’re too good for that person, anyway.Give them a ridiculously huge tip. (This only works if they’re your waiter, bartender or barista. Obviously.)Email them because you just saw something and it “made me think of you.”Treat them to something sometime.Make up a nickname for them. Be the only one who calls them that.Invent any excuse for them to come over — a new movie, a sports game, a dinner party, a home repair project you really need help with.Be genuinely delighted every time you see them — make no effort to hide it.Loan them a book that you “just thought they would like.”Offer to hold their purse/bag/coat/cup.MIX TAPE! (No one makes a mix tape/cd for you unless they like you.)Make sure to get pictures of the two of you when you’re out together.Handwrite a note on your business card when you give it to them.i.e. “Really good to meet you.”Remember what their drink is without having to ask. Order it for them.Show up to their art opening/soccer game/open mic night/thing.Don’t leave without saying goodbye.That shirt/perfume/ring/pair of shoes they once mentioned they liked? Wear it. A lot.Remember what you talked about the last time you saw each other, and ask them how things turned out the next time you see each other.If they take your hand, squeeze it or run your thumb over their knuckles.Text them. Not just to make plans, but just because.Dress up a little when you know you’re going to see them.Bring up something little that you remember they once said to you.Offer to drive them to the airport.Just talk to them. About anything. Whenever you get the chance.Check out that TV show/movie/band/restaurant they mentioned. Tell them what you thought of it.Compliment them on something you think other people might notice about them.Pass them a note during class/a meeting/at a crowded bar.Find whatever excuse you possibly can for the two of you to end up at a karaoke bar. Insist on singing a duet.Always “randomly” have an extra ticket, (To “this movie,” “this art thing,” “my friend’s band that’s playing,” “this lecture that seemed cool.”)Ask their opinion on things. (“What TV show should I watch next on Netflix?”)”Like” their stuff on Facebook. (Not too much—just enough to let them know you’re reading.)Text back right away.Make friends with their friends.Tell them, as off-handedly as you can, that they smell good today.Send them a postcard when you’re away.Give them your number, so you can take the conversation off email/Facebook/Twitter.Assume they want coffee and bring them one. Learn how they take it first.Post baby animal videos on their Facebook wall.Remember their birthday.Find a reasonable excuse (birthday, promotion at work) and send them flowers.Send them YouTube links to that band they mentioned they liked, or send them links to new bands that you think they’d like.Kiss them on the cheek and hug them goodbye, instead of just saying it.
Written by Scott Alden and Chiara Atik for : 50 Ways To Tell Someone You Like Them
How do I know if someone fancies me?
10 signs that they’re definitely into you Are they? Aren’t they? Are you reading into that or is it meant to be? We get it. Trying to tell if someone has feelings for you can be totally agonising. That’s why we’ve brought in the experts from to bring you a no BS list of how to find out.
Body language You can tell a lot about whether someone likes you through body language. Mirroring is a common trait; if they mimic your body language, it means they’re trying to connect with you. Other signs are leaning in when talking to you and pointing their feet towards you. Shy looks These are quite easy to look out for.
There is the ‘sweeping look’. If they glance at you, glance away, look back at you again, look away when you notice them. that can be an obvious sign. This can sometimes be coupled with an uncomfortable body stance and that they might be shooting you looks rather than talking.
Touchy subjectIf they find an excuse to touch you in conversation, this can be a very real sign that they like you.Taking the initiative
If they initiate a conversation, it might not be that they are just looking for someone to talk to and you can sometimes tell by the topic of conversation whether they’re making an excuse to single you out. It will often be things they wouldn’t necessarily need to ask you, restaurant recommendations or what you like doing at the weekend.
They may also ask what your partner is up to to find out whether you have one. Two way traffic Often, if a person is not interested, they will broadcast and talk about themselves rather than asking you questions and responding to your responses. If they are, they might instead ask seemingly irrelevant questions to keep the conversation going in order not to lose your focus.
Serendipity Sometimes a happy coincidence might be more serendipity. If an interest suddenly appears in a place you have mentioned, whether they arrive at the tube station at the same time or make a surprise appearance in a favourite coffee shop you’ve advised them on, they could be trying to connect with you while attempting not to look like a stalker! Just like you If, in conversation they agree with you or like the same things you do, then this could be a tactic to appeal to you.
Alongside, laughing at your jokes, whether they’re brilliantly witty or not. Projecting fun If someone smiles a lot when they look at you and connects eye contact with smiling, it is usually because they find you attractive. They might also make fun of you and tease you, or try to make you laugh. Fidgeting as flirting If someone’s into you, you make them nervous.
Their heart will beat rapidly from being around you. Other signs include unexplained laughter, sweaty palms and fidgeting. People like to be in control of their emotions. If they have trouble doing that around you, it’s most likely because you make them nervous and excited.
Does he like me as a friend or more?
If you find that he’s listening more attentively or going out of his way to spend more time with you than his other pals, it could be a clear sign of romantic interest. However, if you see that he approaches you with the same interest as the others in the friend group, then he’s probably keeping you in the friend zone.
How do you hint guys that you like him?
10 Ways to Give Signs to Your Crush You Like Him
- If you look like you’re open and engaged, he’ll respond positively. During a conversation, look him in the eyes so that he knows you’re giving him your full attention. Many people don’t make eye contact when they’re talking to someone, so this will make him feel special and important. Smiling also sends the message that you’re happy to be talking to him, which is a great way to drop the hint.
- Try not to stare directly at him all the time. Too much eye contact can come off as aggressive or overwhelming.
- If you have no facial expression and you’re looking away from him while he talks, it’s going to send a subconscious message that you aren’t interested in talking to him.
- Casual and respectful touching is a great way to drop the hint. “Accidentally” brush against him in the hall, put your hand on his shoulder when you laugh at his jokes, and go out of your way to hug him first when you run into him and his friends. This kind of light touching is a big sign that you’re comfortable around him and are interested in pursuing a relationship.
- When you hug him, hold it a little longer than you normally would. If it’s reciprocal and he holds the hug as well, it’s a huge sign that he’s into you.
- If you haven’t known him that long, test the waters first. Try getting a little close to him and then backing out of his personal space. If he has a negative reaction or he moves away from you, just take it slow.
- A little casual touching is fine, but don’t go out of your way to grab, hold, or touch him in an aggressive way.
- Making an active effort to interact with him will show him you care. If you go to the same school, get up and go talk to him at lunch. Shoot him a text message out of the blue to ask how he’s doing. If you’re at a party with a bunch of friends, leave them for a minute to go talk to him one-on-one. Showing him that you’re interested in hanging out with him will help you develop a personal relationship.
- If you sit around just waiting for him to make the first move and talk to you, he may assume that you simply aren’t interested in him.
- If you make him feel good, he’ll want to be around you. Tell him you think his new haircut looks really cute, or that his new shoes are really cool. You can also compliment him on his intelligence by saying something nice about his performance in class, or comment about how kind he was to someone. Everyone loves a compliment, and he’s going to be more likely to want to pursue a relationship or look at you as a potential partner if you build him up.
- For example, you might say something like, “That test was really hard! I can’t believe you did so well; you’re so good at math.”
- If you want to compliment his looks, you can say, “That shirt really brings out the color of your eyes. I love it!”
- You don’t necessarily have to tell him that you think he’s hot or the cutest person you’ve ever seen.
- Go out of your way to invite him to events. It doesn’t even need to be romantic or date-like; just ask him to do things with you. If everyone is going out for drinks after work, ask him to tag along. If you and your friends are heading to the mall, send him a text asking if he wants to meet you there. This will make it absolutely clear that you enjoy spending time with him, which is a great way to indicate you have a crush.
- If you don’t have his phone number, ask for it! You can always play it off like you just want help with the homework every once in a while or something.
- If he ever invites you anywhere, go! The more time you get to spend together, the stronger your bond will grow. This is the best way to work your way up towards an actual relationship.
- People like talking about themselves, so ask a lot of questions. Give him plenty of room to open up and share how he feels. This will send the message that you’re interested in learning more about him. It will also give you plenty to talk about so that you can continue to move things forward.
- If you’re just getting to know one another, questions like, “What do you do in your spare time?” and, “What’s your favorite movie?” are great ways to get him talking.
- Deeper questions are a great way to build on things once you know one another. Things like, “Where do you think you’ll be a year from now?” or, “What would you do with a million dollars?” are great ways to spark a meaningful dialogue.
- You can ask him questions about you as well. Something like, “Do you think I look better with long or short hair?” gives him an opportunity to say something flirty.
- A little playful banter is a great way to drop the hint. For one, this will inject some comedy into the conversation every now and then. On top of that, a little fun teasing is a subtle way of demonstrating your comfort and vulnerability around someone. It’s also a great way to relieve a little bit of tension if things ever get serious or awkward.
- For example, you might use phrases like “You’re such a brat!” or, “Your laugh is so funny to me, I love the way you giggle.” Try to keep it sweet and don’t say anything authentically critical or mean.
- Don’t force this one. If you aren’t a naturally playful person, don’t worry about trying to tease him.
- He’s going to assume you don’t like him if you don’t seem interested. If he asks you a question, answer it and then ask a similar question back. If he texts you out of nowhere and asks, “How are you doing?” saying “I’m fine” won’t give him anything to really work with. Whether it’s in-person or over text, try to respond in a way where you give him an opening to build on the conversation.
- It can be hard to do this if you’re nervous around him, but try to just limit the one word answers and actively engage in whatever he’s talking about.
- For example, if he asks, “Have you seen this new Jason Statham movie?” responding with a flat, “No,” doesn’t really move the conversation forward. Instead, you might say, “No, have you?” or, “Yes. It was really good, and I’d love to see it again. Are you going to the movies soon?”
- Joking about being together is a great way to put the idea out there. A little lighthearted comedy about dating is a great way to suggest that you like someone. It’s also a smart way to figure out if he likes you back. If you make a joke like this and he leans into it a bit and plays along, he probably likes you. If he says something like, “Yeah, like we’d ever end up together,” then you can backtrack a bit and play it off like you were kidding.
- You could make jokes about him being your “History class husband,” or, “work boyfriend” because the two of you spend so much time together.
- A little gift shows him that you think about him when he’s not around. This is a great way to send a subtle message that you care about him. You don’t need to spend a ton of money either—a little doodle or a candy bar can be a perfect gift. If you can, try to choose a gift that relates to an inside joke, previous conversation, or hobby that the two of you share together.
- If you spend a bunch of money on a gift, you may actually scare him away. Keep it small and simple.
- Question What if he’s popular and a lot of people have a crush on him? Try to make yourself stand out from others with your personality and kindness. Show him that you’re a good person by reassuring him that you’re there if he ever needs to talk, and ask him to hang out whenever he’s free. Try your best not to get jealous of other people and focus on making your connection with him stronger.
- Question What should I do if he likes someone else? Focus on making your relationship stronger by being friends. If you’re there for him and support him even when he’s not dating you, he’ll know that you really care about him. When he’s not interested in anyone else, be more forward with him by flirting, making plans to hang out more, and texting him more often.
- Question I’ve known my crush for a few months and we’re friends. We have class together and sit in front of each other. What if I tell him how I feel and things become awkward? Instead of confessing your feelings right away, consider giving smaller hints to him. Start by touching his hand when you’re talking or giving him compliments when you see him. Suggest that you should hang out together outside of class and do more romantic things, like seeing movies or going to lunch together. That way, he’ll have an idea that you like in him without making you confess your feelings.
Ask a Question Advertisement
Advertisement This article was co-authored by and by wikiHow staff writer,, Imad Jbara is a Dating Coach for NYC Wingwoman LLC, a relationship coaching service based in New York City. ‘NYC Wingwoman’ offers matchmaking, wingwoman services, 1-on-1 Coaching, and intensive weekend bootcamps.
- Co-authors: 79
- Updated: November 24, 2022
- Views: 542,111
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 542,111 times.
“I like a boy and am not sure if he likes me, but he tends to show off make me laugh and is nice and he touches my arm.”,”
: 10 Ways to Give Signs to Your Crush You Like Him
How girls behave infront of their crush?
Download Article Download Article It isn’t always easy to tell whether a girl has a crush on you. Some girls are very obvious about it and flirt, giggle, and blush whenever they’re around you. Other girls are more shy and more subtle about revealing their true feelings.
- Catching her staring at you is the biggest sign she has a crush. Look for other telltale cues like blushing, giggling, or making excuses to be together.
- Listen carefully to what she says—if she asks you about your crushes or talks about how she wants a boyfriend, she’s dropping you some hints.
- The best way to know for sure is to just ask her! Speak calmly and play it cool whether she has a crush on you or not.
- 1 Try to catch her staring at you. This one is a giveaway. If you look across the room in class or at a party and catch her looking right at you, then she may have a crush on you. If she sees that you’ve noticed her staring and looks away and blushes, or gives you a little smile, then she may be acknowledging that she may like you.
- Just don’t be too obvious about trying to catch her staring at you, or she may think that you’re the one staring at her.
- 2 See if she blushes around you – a lot. This is another sign that she may have a crush on you. If every time you walk by or talk to her, you find her turning red or getting flustered, then this may be a sign that she likes you and is shy and embarrassed about talking to you or saying the wrong thing.
- Just make sure she’s not the kind of girl who blushes whenever she talks to anyone – she could just be shy.
- 3 See if she giggles a lot around you. A lot of girls giggle a lot around the people they like because crushes make them feel a bit giddy around the person that they like. If you find the girl always giggling or laughing a lot around you, even if you’ve barely said anything funny, then she may like you.
- Next time you talk to her, see how much she laughs. Try a small joke and see if she laughs way too much – this may mean that she has feelings for you.
- 4 See how her friends act when she passes by. A girl’s friends can tell you a lot about how she feels about you without saying much. Next time the girl walks by with her friends in the halls, see if the friends giggle when they see you, elbow her, or just nod in your direction, trying to tell the girl that you’re around.
- If the girl’s friends always greet you with a knowing smile, then they may be telling you that the girl likes you.
- This step may not apply if you and your crush are both girls – she could still be in the closet and not want to draw attention to the possibility of her liking a girl.
- 5 See if she looks for excuses to hang out. If the girl has a crush on you, then she may want to be around you as much as possible. If she likes you, she may be looking for excuses to hang out, like asking for help with her math homework, or even asking you to see a movie or to go to a concert with you. She could be very casual when she asks you to hang out to hide the fact that she likes you.
- If you’re in the same social circle, but she’s been around a lot more lately, then it may be because she has a crush on you.
- 6 See if she pays more attention to her looks around you. If the girl dresses up a bit more whenever she’s around you and pays more attention to her hair and makeup, then she may be trying to impress you. If you’re just hanging out with her, or hanging out in a small group, but she spends a lot of time putting on lipstick or lip balm, looking at herself in the mirror, or just fidgeting with her clothes, then she may be trying to impress you.
- If you see her unexpectedly, and she’s dressed down a lot more, then she may be dressing up to impress you.
- If you see her at the grocery store or somewhere unexpected, and she makes a joke about how casual she looks, then she may be embarrassed that she’s not more dressed up for you.
- 7 Notice her body language. The girl’s body language can say a lot about how she feels about you. If she’s always making eye contact, leaning closer to you, and turning her body to you when you talk, then she may like you. Here are some other things to look for:
- If she plays with her hair when she talks to you, then this may mean that she’s nervous because she likes you.
- If she shifts her weight from foot to foot, she may be a bit nervous about talking to you too.
- If she breaks eye contact and looks at the floor once in a while, it may be because she likes you.
- 8 See how she acts around other people. This is an important point. You may think the girl likes you, but it could turn out that she’s flirty, talkative, and playful around many people. Some girls just have a lot of crushes at once, or just like hanging out with guys – some even prefer hanging out with guys to hanging out with girls.
- Check out how the girl acts around other people. If she’s the same way with everyone, then it’s just part of her personality.
- If she treats you differently, however, and pays more attention to you – or less attention, because she feels shy about talking to you – then she may have a crush on you.
- 1 See if she teases you. If the girl teases you, then it’s another sign that she has a crush on you. Teasing can be a form of flirting, and it’s her way of letting you know she has a crush on you while being playful. If she teases you, then she’ll make fun of your clothes, playfully push or shove you, or even make fun of your hair or new shoes.
- See if she teases everyone, or just you. If she teases everyone, then she may just be a playful person. But if it’s just you, then you’re special to her.
- 2 Notice if she compliments you. If the girl is always giving you complements, then there’s a good chance she has a crush on you. If she tells you she likes your new shoes, that she liked your history presentation, or that you did great in the baseball game though all you did was strike out, then yeah, she probably has a crush on you.
- See if she’s the type of girl who is just really nice and gives everyone compliments, or if she only says flattering things to you. Who knows – maybe she’s just really, really nice. But probably not.
- If she compliments a new shirt or a new haircut, that means she notices when your wardrobe or looks change, which already is a strong sign that she has a crush on you.
- 3 See if she looks for every excuse to talk to you. If a girl has a crush on you, then she’ll try to talk to you as much as she can – unless she’s really shy. If you don’t have many mutual friends or other reasons to be around each other, she may come up and ask you an obvious question, like something about the math homework that she could have easily asked another friend.
- If she likes you, she may even try to talk to you about something she know that you love, like a sport or favorite TV show. She could come up to you just to ask if you saw last night’s game or to ask what you thought about the season finale of your favorite show. She could share your interests too, of course, but she could also be using them as an excuse to talk to you.
- 4 Notice if she asks if you like anyone. The girl may think she’s being subtle when she asks if you like anyone, or when she asks you if you’re going out with any girls this weekend, or asks if you have a crush on a specific girl, but you’ll be able to see right through her. If she’s asking if you have a crush on anyone, she’s really asking, “Do you like me ?”
- There’s only one other possibility – she could be asking if you like anyone because one of her friends like you and she’s acting as a go-between.
- If you tell her you don’t like anyone, and she says something like, “How can you not like anyone ?” “You must like someone,” Then she really wants you to tell her that you like her.
- Even the fact that she takes any interest in your love life could show that she has romantic feelings for you.
- 5 Notice what she says about any girls or guys you hang out with. Does she subtly try to put down the other people you hang out with? Does she mention that any people you’ve dated in the past aren’t good enough for you? If so, then what she’s really saying is that she thinks she’s the one for you.
- It’s okay for her to be jealous before you start dating – just make sure it isn’t a problem if she does end up being your girlfriend.
- 6 See if she hints that she wants a partner. She may think she’s just dropping a hint, but if she often says things like, “It would be cool to have a girlfriend,” or “being single is so not fun,” or “I wish I had a guy to go to the movies with,” then she’s basically asking you to be her partner. If she’s always making subtle comments about how much she wants to date someone, that person is you.
- There’s only one other option – that she wants to date one of your friends. But if she never asks about any of your friends, then chances are that she has her eye on you.
- 7 See what she says about other guys. If all she says about other guys is that this or that guy isn’t good enough, or that he isn’t nearly as great as you, then she’s basically saying that she has a crush on you. She may even say that she wished this or that guy possessed a certain quality – one that you have.
- If she says she wishes that a guy she went on a date with had a better sense of humor and she always praises your sense of humor, then she’s basically telling you that she wants to date you.
- If she’s always comparing you favorably to other guys, then she’s letting you know that she likes you more than any other guy around.
- 8 See if she calls or texts you a lot. If she’s always texting you or calling you, then chances are that she has a crush on you. If she sends you a lot of cute smiley face emoticons, or calls you just to say “hi” or for a dumb excuse like asking for the homework for a class that she could get from anyone, then she’s just looking for reasons to talk to you.
- If she texts you a smiley face or just a word like “hehe,” then she’s probably flirting with you.
- If she really likes you, she’ll start mimicking your texting style. Maybe you have a certain emoticon (such as this one: (°^°)”) you always use. If she starts using this all the time out of the blue, she either has a crush on you or considers you a close friend.
- 1 Ask your friends. Your first resource should be your own buddies. Ask your friends if they’ve seen you and the girl together and ask their honest opinion about whether the girl has a crush on you. Your friends may have more perspective on whether the girl actually likes you, or if she’s just playful and flirtatious with everyone.
- Your friends may also know if the girl likes someone else instead of you. This could be helpful information before you try talking to the girl yourself.
- Just try not to ask anyone too chatty, or a person who is very friendly with the girl. If you do, they may tell her that you asked, and they’ll blow your cover.
- 2 Ask her friends. Asking the girl’s friends if she likes you is basically as good as asking her yourself. But if you really trust one of her friends and don’t think she’ll report back to her friend, then go ahead and ask if the girl has a crush on you. Her friend will mostly likely know whether or not she likes you – it’ll just be a matter of whether or not she’ll tell you.
- Don’t make a big deal about it. Don’t reveal your feelings about the girl.
- 3 Ask her. If you like the girl too and want to know her true feelings, don’t be afraid to ask. Just find a time when you’re both relatively alone and in a quiet place, and ask her if she has a crush on you. If you like her, you can even tell her first that you have a crush on her and want to know if she likes you too.
- If she does admit she has a crush on you and you like her, then ask her out on a date and see where it takes you.
- If she says she doesn’t have a crush on you, react the right way. Don’t get all upset or offended – just play it cool and show her what a great person you are.
Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
- If you want to tell a girl you like her or ask her if she does, some girls wouldn’t like it if you confront them about it during lunch or class. Try somewhere more private.
- Don’t act like she’s from another planet. Don’t ignore her completely, either. Her heart will probably break.
- If you like her back and if the girl’s shy, you may have to make the first move.
Show More Tips Advertisement Article Summary X If you’re trying to figure out if a girl has a crush on you, start by paying attention to her actions and behavior around you. For example, if you catch her staring at you frequently, there’s a good chance she’s crushing on you.
- She may also blush whenever you’re around or giggle when you talk to her.
- If her friends giggle or elbow her whenever you’re around, that usually means she likes you and all of her friends are aware of it! Also, pay attention to how she talks to you.
- If she has a crush on you, she might lightly tease you, give you compliments, or lean closer to you when you’re chatting.
Looking for excuses to hang out is another giveaway. She might casually ask you for help with her math homework or invite you to check out a movie or concert with her sometime. For tips on asking her about her feelings, read on! Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 1,371,915 times.
How do you know if a girl likes you but is scared?
1. She’s nervous around you – If she shows nervousness when speaking to you, this could be one of the telltale signs that a girl loves you. While it’s natural to feel anxious in the presence of someone you love, a girl may fidget in her seat, wiggle her hair, or play with her fingers if she is scared of her feelings.
Why my crush is hiding his feelings?
1) Guy doesn’t want to get hurt – The simple truth is that guys are afraid of getting hurt. They may have experienced it in the past and are trying to avoid it in the future. They fear that by showing their feelings too quickly, they will scare away their partners or destroy what they have with them if things don’t work out.