- 1 How to delete a YouTube channel without using YouTube Studio?
- 2 Why can’t I delete my YouTube account?
- 3 How long does it take for a YouTube channel to fully delete?
- 4 Can YouTube delete my old channel?
- 5 Can you delete YouTube channel but not account?
- 5.1 Does deleting Google account delete YouTube?
- 5.2 Does deleting your YouTube account delete your email?
- 5.3 Does YouTube channel get deleted?
- 5.4 Are deleted YouTube videos gone forever?
- 5.5 How many reports does it take to delete a YouTube channel?
- 6 How do I delete my YouTube channel 2023 on my phone?
Is it easy to delete a YouTube channel?
How to Delete Your YouTube Channel (Desktop) –
On the YouTube website, click your profile icon in the top-right. Click Settings, Click Advanced settings from the left-hand menu. Click Delete channel, Enter your Google password when prompted and click Next, Click I want to permanently delete my content, Click the checkbox to confirm you understand what this process will do. Click Delete my content,
How to delete a YouTube channel without using YouTube Studio?
Use a browser to switch your YouTube channel –
From a web browser, go to YouTube, then select your profile picture in the upper-right corner. A menu opens, showing options for your Google account. Select Switch account to see your channels and accounts. Choose the channel you want to delete or change from the list. Each YouTube account can have multiple channels.
Why can’t I delete my YouTube account?
Answer: From the Manage your Google Account option, go to the privacy and protection option and click on Delete Google Services. From there, you can delete your YouTube account without deleting your Google account.
How long does it take for a YouTube channel to fully delete?
Step 5: Hit that blue “Delete my content” button – Now you’re in the home stretch! Take a deep breath and hit that button. You’ll be prompted to type in the email address associated with the account. And just like that, you’re done! YouTube will pull up a confirmation page to let you know that your content is being deleted.
Can YouTube delete my old channel?
Does YouTube Delete Inactive Accounts? – Yes, YouTube has the right to delete an inactive account, You have an inactive account if you’ve not logged into your YouTube channel for more than 6 months. Also, if you have opened a YouTube channel and have not uploaded any videos, YouTube has the right to delete your YouTube account.
Your YouTube channel can also be deleted if you’re not an active participant in the YouTube community. What this means is you’re not actively watching videos or commenting on them or subscribing to other channels on YouTube. YouTube may not necessarily enforce the deletion of an inactive account. But to be on the safe side, upload at least one video every six months.
If you can’t do that, have at least a few videos on your channel.
Can a manager delete a YouTube channel?
What is a Manager? What can a Manager do on YouTube? – A Manager cannot add or manage the access of others (unlike an Owner/Primary Owner) but they can upload, edit, delete and generally manage your videos. They will be able to see channel analytics and edit the account information but a Manager cannot delete the account.
Can you delete YouTube channel but not account?
FAQs – No. Deleting your YouTube channel will not touch your Google account. Deleting your YouTube account is the same thing as deleting your Google account, and this will wipe out all of your information across Google’s various services. If you are referring to channel deletion, this is no longer possible.
Can you delete YouTube channel without password?
How to Delete a YouTube Account Permanently FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) – Can you delete your YouTube account temporarily? If you want to delete your account temporarily, you can deactivate it. Deactivating your YouTube channel will keep your videos and comments.
- Still, it won’t allow new videos to be uploaded or comments to be posted.
- Deactivating your account is the best option if you want to temporarily remove yourself from the site without permanently deleting all of your content.
- You can also delete your YouTube channel permanently.
- This will permanently remove all videos, comments, and other content from the site and prevent you from being able to create a new channel with the same name.
Can you delete your YouTube account from your phone? Deleting your YouTube account from an iPhone or Android device is similar to deleting it on your computer. Instead of using your desktop browser, you can use your mobile browser and follow the steps outlined in this article.
- Can you delete a YouTube account without a password? No, you can’t delete your YouTube account without a password.
- If you want to delete your YouTube account and you don’t have a password, you’ll need to contact Google through one of its support channels.
- Then, explain why you want to close the account and request that they do so.
Can you recover a deleted YouTube account? You can’t recover a deleted YouTube account. The only way to get it back is to get in touch with the Google support team, but even then, it’s not guaranteed that you’ll be able to regain access to your previous content.
Does deleting Google account delete YouTube?
As a Google service, YouTube is connected to other Google products such as Gmail. Deleting your account will require you to delete your entire Google account. That means removing content across Google services under your designated account name.
Does deleting your YouTube account delete your email?
Yes, deleting your YouTube account can affect other accounts that are connected with it, such as Gmail. This is because YouTube accounts are linked to a Google account, which is used to access other Google services like Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos.
What happens to deleted YouTube accounts?
What if I Deleted My Own YouTube Account? – Let’s say you deleted your own account. Maybe you did it by accident, or maybe you did it on impulse and have changed your mind. For three weeks after the account deletion, it will be easy to recover the account.
- Here’s how it’s done.1.
- First, visit this link to view any deleted accounts.
- It will work best in Google Chrome, since Chrome is Google’s browser and works seamlessly with YouTube.
- You’ll also have to be logged in using the same email address that was used for the YouTube channel.
- If you’re logged into a different account, you won’t be able to locate the deleted channel.2.
Next, click in the area where it says ” Deleted accounts,” 3. This will take you to the ” Brand Account ” page, which will show any deleted accounts. You’ll see a heading that says ” Manage your Brand accounts,” Underneath, you’ll see several options, including ” Pending Invitations,” ” Email Preferences,” and ” Deleted Accounts,” 4.
Click the Deleted Accounts button, and the screen will display any deleted accounts. Provided you’ve done everything right so far, you should see your deleted YouTube channel. There will be an option next to the channel to restore it.5. Click the button and follow the steps, and your channel will be restored.
You’ll receive a notification message, but it can take a few days for the channel to come back online. If it’s been more than three weeks since you deleted your account, there’s no guarantee that it will be recoverable. At that point, YouTube will have the right to delete the content outright.
Does YouTube channel get deleted?
Community Guidelines terminations – Reasons channels or accounts can be terminated:
Repeated violations of the Community Guidelines or Terms of Service across any form of content (like repeatedly posting abusive, hateful, and/or harassing videos or comments) A single case of severe abuse (such as predatory behavior, spam, or pornography) Dedication to a policy violation (like hate speech, harassment, or impersonation)
If you believe that your channel/account was mistakenly terminated, you can appeal using this form,
Don’t submit an appeal request more than once. Multiple requests increase the volume to review and cause delays in our response. Fill out the form as completely as possible including your Channel ID, The more information that you give us, the easier it will be to process your request.
Are deleted YouTube videos gone forever?
Delete your own videos – You can remove any videos that you uploaded from your own Google Account. If you delete a video, it’s permanently deleted — you can’t recover it through YouTube. If you’d like to watch the video in the future, make sure you have a backup saved.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio,
- From the left menu, select Content,
- Point to the video you’d like to delete and select More Delete forever,
- Check the box to acknowledge that your video will be permanently deleted.
- Select DELETE FOREVER,
When you choose to delete a video from your YouTube channel, we immediately start the removal process and it will no longer be searchable within YouTube. Data associated with the video such as Watch time will still be part of aggregate reports, but will not be attributed to the deleted video. Learn how to delete videos in bulk.
How many reports does it take to delete a YouTube channel?
A YouTube channel is terminated if it accrues three Community Guidelines strikes in 90 days, has a single case of severe abuse (such as predatory behavior), or is determined to be wholly dedicated to violating our guidelines (as is often the case with spam accounts).
How do I delete my YouTube channel 2023 on my phone?
Step 2: Open up the advanced settings from your channel dashboard – The delete button is buried in your channel’s advanced settings. To get there, you’ll need to hop onto a desktop computer, open up your favorite web browser, and then log in to your YouTube Studio account.
FAQ: How do I delete my YouTube channel on my phone (Android/IOS)? Unfortunately, you can’t use a mobile device to delete a YouTube channel just yet. The only way to take care of that is to use a desktop browser. Once you’re logged in, you’ll land on your channel dashboard. Next, open up the settings from the menu on the left side of the screen.
From there, navigate to “Channel” and then the “Advanced settings” tab.
Why can’t I delete YouTube app?
The Uninstall Alternative: How to Disable YouTube – In some cases, deleting YouTube from your Android phone is like deleting any other app. However, this method will not work for most phones. Why is that? Because YouTube is considered a system-level app, it can’t be removed entirely.
- This is because Google powers android phones and YouTube is Google’s subsidiary.
- The YouTube app comes bundled with Google’s search engine, Gmail, calendar, drive, etc.
- Just because you can’t uninstall it doesn’t mean you have to use it.
- Those that aren’t using YouTube can disable it.
- When you disable an app, you remove it from the app screen and prevent it from running in the background.
Although disabling an app doesn’t delete it from your phone, it’s still a good option if you want to save space and prevent unnecessary updates. Here’s how to disable YouTube and remove its updates on your Android phone:
- Open your menu and go to “Settings” or select it from the top slide-down menu
- Select “Apps & notifications.”
- Tap on “See all ### apps.”
- Find and select “YouTube.”
- Select “Storage & cache.”
- Choose “Clear storage” and then “Clear cache.” These actions remove consumed space. Otherwise, data will remain while the app is disabled.
- Tap on the “vertical ellipsis” (three vertical dots) in the top-right corner and choose “Uninstall updates.” This action also removes consumed storage space, and updates can be huge.
- Tap on “Disable.”
- You’ll see a message explaining the app and all functions related to it will be disabled. Press “Disable” once more.
The app is now disabled, and all updates, cache, and user data have been removed to save space.
If you want to reactivate the app later, return to the “Apps & notifications” section of the Settings and re-enable it. Generally, all apps you install yourself can be uninstalled. So, if you downloaded the YouTube Android app from the Play Store, you can uninstall it.