18 or older What Is the Age Requirement for Truck Rentals? A driver must be 18 or older to rent a U-Haul moving truck.
- 0.1 Do you have to be 25 to rent a U-Haul in California?
- 0.2 How old do you have to be to rent a U-Haul in South Carolina?
- 0.3 How much does U-Haul charge per mile?
- 0.4 Can I rent a U-Haul with a G2 in Ontario?
- 0.5 Can I rent a car under 25 in California?
- 1 How old do you have to be to rent a car in Florida?
- 2 Do U-Haul trucks have to stop at weigh stations in Ontario?
- 3 Can you buy a car with a G2 license in Ontario?
- 4 How big is 26 foot truck?
- 5 How much can a 26ft box truck hold?
- 6 Can an 18 year old rent a car in Hawaii?
- 7 Can an 18 year old rent a car in California?
- 8 Do you have to be 25 to rent a car in San Diego?
Do you have to be 25 to rent a U-Haul in California?
Customers must be 16 years of age to rent trailers and 18 years of age to rent trucks. A government-issued driver’s license is required to rent our trucks and trailers. Do I need a special driver’s license to rent U-Haul equipment? You do not need a special driver’s license to rent U-Haul equipment.
How old do you have to be to rent a U-Haul in South Carolina?
What is the Minimum Age to Rent a U-Haul Truck? A customer must be 18 years of age to rent a truck. Typically, other rental companies have the same requirements.
How much does U-Haul charge per mile?
For an in-town move, U-Haul charges under $0.99 per mile depending on the truck you select. One-way moves that take you a long distance are different. U-Haul will set a certain number of miles that will be included in the price you pay upfront. If you need more miles, those can be added on for $1.00 per mile.
Can I rent a U-Haul with a G2 in Ontario?
Yes you can drive a U Haul on a G2 license. The only conditions are: Zero blood alcohol level. Passengers cannot exceed the number of working seatbelts.
What’s the longest you can rent a U-Haul?
Equipment scheduling is based on available time frames ranging from one hour up to a 24-hour rental period. Some locations do, however, offer multiple day In-Town rentals on our trailer fleet.
Can I rent a car under 25 in California?
Thrifty, Enterprise, National, Dollar, Advantage, Avis, and Budget rental cars will all rent to people between the ages of 21 and 24. If you are under the age of 21, there may be some challenges involved. The average cost is about $25 daily for many different vehicles.
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Florida?
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Florida? To rent a car in Florida, you must be at least 21 years old.
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Myrtle?
Car Rental Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) MYR | Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- RENTER REQUIREMENTS AND FORMS OF PAYMENT POLICIES
- RENTER REQUIREMENTS POLICY
All renters and additional drivers must be 21 or older. All renters must have a valid driver’s license and a major credit card or debit card in their name. Individuals with learners’ or instructional permits are not eligible to rent. This is only a summary.
- For additional details, please reference the Driver’s License Information Policy.
- AGE The underage surcharge for drivers between the ages of 21 and 24 is $25 per day.
- Renters between the ages of 21 and 24 may rent the following vehicle classes: Economy through Full Size cars, Cargo and Minivans, Pickups and Compact, Small and Standard SUVs with seating up to 5 passengers.
DEBIT CARD At airport locations, debit cards are only accepted at the time of rental if accompanied by a ticketed return travel itinerary. The name and address shown on the renter’s driver’s license must match their current home address. Active duty military personnel are exempt from address requirements.
- Please read the Forms of Payment policy (see below) for additional details pertaining to the use of debit cards at this location.
- INSURANCE VERIFICATION
- At the time of rental, Renters without a ticketed return travel itinerary must provide evidence of a transferrable auto collision, comprehensive and liability policy for the following vehicle classes: Full Size Luxury Sedan, Premium Luxury Sedan, Midsize Sport Luxury Sedan, Electric Luxury Sedan, Premium Luxury SUV, Extended Luxury SUV, Electric Luxury SUV, Limo Van, and Corvette.
- FORMS OF PAYMENT POLICY
- The following forms of payment are accepted for the rental.
- American Express®
- Discover Network®
- Debit Card
The Estimated Total for the rental on the Review & Reserve screen and/or in the email reservation confirmation will be charged to the form of payment provided by Renter. If the rental as reserved is modified, the estimated total amount for the rental may change and would still be charged to the form of payment provided by Renter.
- At the time of the rental, Renter will sign a rental contract (the “Contract”) which applies to the rental and includes a Rental Agreement Summary and the Additional Terms and Conditions.
- DEPOSIT AMOUNT
- To account for Renter potentially incurring additional amounts owed under the Contract, renters without a ticketed return travel itinerary will be required to provide a deposit of $400, or $850 for the following vehicles classes: Performance Sport, Full Size Luxury SUV, Electric Luxury SUV, Full Size Elite Electric Sedan, Midsize Sport Luxury Sedan, Full Size Luxury Sedan, Premium Luxury Sedan, Electric Luxury Sedan, Premium Luxury SUV, Extended Luxury SUV, Limo Van, and Corvette.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Debit cards are only accepted at the time of rental if accompanied by a ticketed return travel itinerary.
Renter must use an above listed form of payment for the deposit amount. The deposit amount will not be available for use by Renter and/or refunded to Renter until after the vehicle has been returned. If Renter incurs additional amounts owed under the Contract, those additional amounts may be deducted from Renter’s deposit amount, if applicable.
If those additional amounts are not deducted from the deposit amount, if applicable, they will be charged to the form of payment provided by Renter at the time of rental unless Renter provides a different above listed form of payment to be charged. If using a debit card for any of the above amounts, the available funds in the account associated with Renter’s debit card will be reduced by those amounts.
Additionally, Renter is responsible for any overdraft fees incurred. Money orders and prepaid cards are not acceptable forms of payment at the time of rental, including for the deposit amount, but may be used to pay any amounts due at the end of the rental after the vehicle has been returned. Cash is not accepted.
- In addition to one of the above listed forms of payment, credit cards with sufficient available credit which are listed on Renter’s Profile or Loyalty Account (Emerald Club, E Club, etc.) will be accepted as payment for all amounts owed under the Contract.
- All amounts owed by Renter under the Contract will be submitted (a) as an authorization to be a hold against and ultimately charged to Renter’s credit card or debit card, or (b) to be charged to Renter’s debit card.
Please read the Renter Requirements policy (see above) for additional details pertaining to the use of debit cards and general rental requirements at this location. : Car Rental Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) MYR | Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Do U-Haul trucks have to stop at weigh stations in Ontario?
Who is required to stop at a weigh station in Ontario? – The first thing is, the rules for stopping at a weigh station vary according to the region in which the vehicle operates. As per the highway traffic act in Ontario, any commercial truck that weighs more than 4,500 kg in gross weight must stop at a weigh station.
- Any truck that exceeds the above-mentioned gross weight limit requires a Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration (CVOR) to be able to operate the vehicle.
- Carriers must apply for an oversize/overweight permit if the dimensions or weight of your vehicle and/or load exceed the limits set out in the Highway Traffic Act.
If you’re a large manufacturer and use your own fleet of trucks to ship products, you are the one that most likely has to take responsibility an overweight vehicles. This means you are responsible for any weight-related violations which can cost thousands of dollars in fine, loss of valuable time, and even your reputation.
How much gas does U-Haul use?
U-Haul truck gas mileage – Most U-Haul trucks average 10 miles per gallon, but exact mileage will vary based on truck size, towing, driving style and the weight of your belongings. The chart below shows the average miles per gallon (according to U-Haul’s website), the tank size and miles per fuel tank for each truck. Note: Listed MPG and miles per fuel tank are estimated for empty trucks.
|Truck Size||MPG||Tank size (gallons)||Driving distance per tank (miles)|
|15-,17-, and 22-foot||10||40||400|
Estimate the fuel cost for a move using this rental truck fuel calculator,
How much does U-Haul charge per km in Canada?
One Response –
If you choose to move using uhaul’s services, a pickup truck is a popular option for small transportable items that don’t need much space. In Canada, uhaul’s rate for renting a pickup truck is $19.95, plus $0.59 per kilometer, However, this is a base rate, as the overall price changes depending on the distance travelled and how long it takes to travel this distance. Uhaul offers calculations of rates that are based on estimated kilometers and the hours or extended days that you would need to make full use of the truck. So, it is likely for this price to go even higher once these factors are taken into account. Looking for the best moving truck rental companies? Click here.
Do you need a full G to rent a car Ontario?
What are the requirements? – Valid Driver’s Licence – You need to have a valid class “G” driver’s licence to rent a car in Ontario. It must be valid for the entire duration of the rental period. If you only have a learner’s permit (a G1 or G2 licence), you will not be able to rent a car.
If you have a driver’s licence from another country, you may still be able to rent a car. Minimum Age – Most rental companies across Canada have a minimum driving age in order to rent a vehicle. In Ontario, the most common minimum age is between 20 to 23 years old. According to most major rental companies, there is usually an additional surcharge if you are below the age of 25 and there may be restrictions on renting luxury cars, minivans, or SUVs.
The surcharge will depend on company policies and the type of rental car. Good Driving Record – Maintaining a good driving record is important if you want to rent a car. Rental companies have different ways of screening for acceptable driving records. Authorized Operators – Major rental companies mostly authorize a single driver to operate the vehicle.
- The driver is not required to be present in order to rent.
- Additional authorized operators can be added to the rental agreement with an extra fee per day.
- Insurance – By law, the car you drive has to be insured.
- Most rental companies will offer you a liability waiver in case of damage during an accident, with an additional charge.
If you have car insurance, you may already have coverage for damage to a vehicle you do not own. Some credit cards also provide insurance if you pay for the rental with the card. Be sure to check with your own car insurance and credit card policies before paying for coverage from a rental company.
- Credit Card – Most rental companies require you to pay for their rental services by credit card, in case any damages occur during the rental period.
- They can also put “holds” on your credit card for a certain amount of money while you rent the car.
- Debit cards and payment by cash are generally not accepted to rent, but some companies may allow you to use it as payment when returning the vehicle.
It is a good idea to talk to different rental companies about their requirements, insurance coverage policies, additional fees, vehicle options and contract details before you decide to go forward. To find a car rental company in your area, you can search online.
Can you buy a car with a G2 license in Ontario?
You can either purchase a used vehicle or a new one. Before purchasing though, it is a good idea to check what your insurance payments would be. We already know, as a G2 new driver, that your insurance premiums are going to be higher than those of fully licensed G drivers.
How old do you have to be to rent a U-Haul in Ontario?
What Is the Age Requirement for Truck Rentals? A driver must be 18 or older to rent a U-Haul moving truck. Regarding a U-Haul trailer, the renter must be at least 16 or older.
How big is 26 foot truck?
Compare Similar Vehicles
|26′ Box Truck||15′ Parcel Van|
|Payload||Up to 10,000 lbs||Up to 5,000 lbs|
How much fits in a 26 foot truck?
26 foot truck – 5 -8 Rooms or 2-3 Bedroom Home
Cubic Feet: Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW): Payload Weight: Clearance: Interior Length: Interior Width: Interior Height: Load Ramp Width
1,698 Up to 26,000 lbs 9, 180 lbs 13′ 26′ 8′ 1″ 8′ 1″ 2′ 3/8″
Rear Door Width: Rear Door Height: Load Ramp Capacity Seat Belts / Seats: Fuel Tank: Fuel Type: MPG**
7′ 10″ 7′ 7″ 1,000 Lbs 3 50 gallon Diesel 8-10 MPG
Additional Details: Offering almost 1,700 cubic feet of space a max load up to 12000 lbs, Budget Trucks’ 26 ft rental trucks are the best option for larger families and townhomes. A room typically takes between 150 to 200 cubic feet. When thinking about what truck size to rent, don’t forget to account for bikes, grills, and patio furniture.
- We also recommend the 26 ft rental truck for long distance moves – this way you only make one trip and save on fuel costs.
- Additional Features: Air Conditioning, Automatic Transmission, Power Steering, Power Brakes, AM/FM Stereo, Walk Ramps and Lift-gates Available, No Wheel Wells, Dual Faced Mirrors, Tie Down Slats to Secure Cargo, Bucket Seating for Three, 50 Diesel Tank, Clearance 13’0″.
Translucent Roof (in most trucks) and Interior Lights. Flat floors (in most trucks) non-slip wood floors.
How much can a 26ft box truck hold?
The 26 ft. straight truck – CDL can carry up to 17,000 lbs. of cargo.
Can a 20 year old rent a car in USA?
It’s simple, all you need is: Renters must be at least 20 years old to rent a vehicle at most locations in the U.S. and Canada. In Michigan, New York and the province of Quebec, the minimum age to rent a vehicle is 18. In Alabama and Nebraska, the minimum age to rent a vehicle is 19.
Can an 18 year old rent a car in Hawaii?
Can you rent a car at 18 in Hawaii? Yes. Renting a car at 18 years old is as easy as renting a car as any other adult – all you need is a Hui account. There is just one more step in the process: you’ll be prompted to verify your college enrollment.
Can an 18 year old rent a car in California?
How Old Do You Have To Be To Rent a Car in California? – You have to be at least 21 years old to rent a car in the state of California. However, this wasn’t always the case. In fact, virtually all rental companies required the renter to be at least 25 just a couple of decades back.
Here’s why. Back in the late 20th century, renters under the age of 25 weren’t exactly profitable for suppliers. Young drivers were, on average, more likely to have an accident or get caught driving under the influence. Renting cars to young people was a risk that most companies did not want to take. Instead of modifying the rental agreements to better suit young drivers, they chose not to permit them altogether.
Luckily, times have changed. Renting a car shouldn’t be an issue for most drivers aged between 21 and 25. Some local rental companies may even let drivers as young as 18 rent a vehicle, as long as they’ve had their license for at least a year. There is one major catch, though.
Do you have to be 25 to rent a car in Los Angeles?
Los Angeles Car Rental Under 21 & 25 – The minimum age to rent a car from Enterprise in Los Angeles is 21 years of age. A young renter fee may be applied if you are between 21-24. To see the exact rate please start a reservation above. For more info on our car rental under 25 policy please see our FAQ section.
Do you have to be 25 to rent a car in San Diego?
Renters must be at least 21 years old to rent a car at Budget in San Diego. Renters between age 21 and 24 must pay a daily underage surcharge of $27, and are subject to vehicle restrictions. Vehicle restrictions and underage surcharges do not apply to renters 25 and older.
How old do you have to be to rent a van in California?
Summary – Bottom line: in California, you have to be 18 or older to rent a car. However, the majority of car rental companies will require you to be a little older, usually between 20 and 21 at minimum. The older you are, the easier you’ll be able to get a rental, and the cheaper the rental will be on average.
Do U-Haul trucks have to go through weigh stations in California?
Do these vehicles have to stop at the scales? – PICKUP – It depends on the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), unladen weight, and bed of the truck. GVWR under 11,500 pounds, unladen weight of less than 8,001 pounds, and open box-type bed not exceeding 9 feet in length – NO.
- GVWR 11,500 pounds or more, unladen weight 8,001 pounds or more, or not equipped with an open box-type bed not exceeding 9 feet in length – YES.
- Discussion: According to CVC Section 471, pickups are a motor truck by definition, which is required to stop at the scales per CVC Section 2813.
- However, all California weigh stations have signs stating: “No Pickups.” So, if a vehicle meet the definition of pickup in CVC Section 471, it is not required to stop at the scales because of the signs stating: “No Pickups.” If the pickup has a GVWR of 11,500 pounds or more, an unladen weight 8,001 pounds, not equipped with an open-box type bed not exceeding 9 feet in length, or the pickup bed has been removed and a utility body or flat bed has been mounted, then it no longer meets the definition of pickup in CVC Section 471; it is then a “motor truck” under CVC Section 410 and required to stop at the weigh stations.
PICKUP WITH CAMPER SHELL – NO (May have to stop under certain conditions. Contact California Highway Patrol Commercial Vehicle Section for verification (916-843-3400)) Discussion: It can also display passenger vehicle plates, as long as the cargo in the bed is not being hauled for compensation.
PICKUP WITH CAB / CREW CAB WITH BOX-TYPE BED – YES Discussion: The utility or box bed has to enter weigh stations. RENTAL TRUCK – YES Discussion: Rental trucks can be a U-Haul, Ryder, Sears, Budget, Enterprise, etc. A rental truck is a motor truck, according to CVC Section 410, and must stop at the weigh stations.
Most scale facilities make this very clear with signs reminding drivers: “All Daily Rental/Moving Trucks Must Stop At Scales When Open.” However, if the rental truck is a pick up, it does not necessarily have to stop (see “Pick Up ” section above). If the rental truck is a flat bed or utitility bed, then YES, it does have to stop.