From the looks of it, Will is trapped in the Upside Down for just a week, even if it felt much longer. Additionally, season one sees a time jump after Will is rescued with the series closing a week or so before Christmas, which again seemed to suggest it was a matter of days he had been gone for.
- 0.1 How was Will in the Upside Down?
- 0.2 Did Vecna take Will in season 1?
- 1 How long was Vecna in the upside down?
- 2 Who was Vecna before?
- 3 Did 001 create the upside down?
- 4 Did Eleven create Vecna?
- 5 Why was Vecna dormant for 7 years?
- 6 Why did 11 forget about 1?
- 7 How did 008 escape Hawkins lab?
- 8 Why was 11 so special?
How long is Will stuck in the Upside Down?
Will Byers miraculously survived a week stuck in the Upside Down during Stranger Things season 1. Here’s how based on the Dark Horse comics series. One of the biggest lingering mysteries surrounding Stranger Things is how Will Byers managed to survive while being stuck in the Upside Down, The character, played by Noah Schnapp, spent the majority of season 1 trapped in the dark dimension. The effects of his tragic situation went on to have even more serious consequences in Stranger Things season 2.
- In the years since Eleven was forced into experimenting with her telekinetic powers at Hawkins National Laboratory, her contact with the Demogorgon and her defeat of Henry Creel unknowingly opened a rift between parallel dimensions.
- This rift allowed the creature to create portals between the real world and the Upside Down.
The alternate dimension mirrored the human world, although the parallel universe lacked light and the air was toxic. The Upside Down was also home to the Mind Flayer, who controlled all Upside-Down organisms using a hive mind. In the debut episode of Stranger Things season 1, Will was taken into the Upside Down by the Demogorgon.
- The details surrounding his abduction were never clarified in the Netflix series but the Stranger Things comic miniseries published by Dark Horse Comics filled in many blanks.
- While attempting to evade the monster, Will hid in his backyard shed.
- He shot at the Demogorgon with a hunting rifle but was still transported to the parallel dimension.
Will spent nearly a week in the Upside Down, and it was a miracle he managed to stay alive. During his ordeal, Will tried to communicate with his family and friends. The hope displayed by his mother as she fought to save him presumably gave him the strength to survive.
How was Will in the Upside Down?
Our Intro to the Upside Down – Image Via Netflix Our first brush with the Upside Down comes in Season 1, November 1983, when Eleven ( Millie Bobby Brown ) is pushed by her “Papa,” Dr. Martin Brenner ( Matthew Modine ), to harness her psychic abilities. She is seemingly the only subject in Hawkins Lab, despite her codename indicating she is the 11th child to be inducted into Brenner’s program.
While Eleven spies on Brenner’s Russian target from across the globe, she encounters another presence in her mindscape — a Demogorgon from the Upside Down. Eleven makes psychic contact with the Demogorgon, and in her terror, she accidentally rips open a hole in the fabric of reality. A gate forms in the depths of Hawkins Lab that connects our world to the Upside Down, which allows the Demogorgon to travel through.
Eleven escapes the facility while the Demogorgon wreaks havoc and escapes into Hawkins as well. The Demogorgon starts attacking the people of Hawkins, starting with Will Byers ( Noah Schnapp ), which sets into motion the central mystery of Season 1. Will is somehow teleported to the Upside Down by the Demogorgon, and he tries to survive in the cold and toxic wasteland, which appears as a dark reflection of Hawkins.
Structures and objects in our world also appear in the Upside Down. He takes refuge in his house, where his mother Joyce ( Winona Ryder ) begins to notice signs of his presence from across the veil: blinking lights as he moves around in the other dimension, and his voice coming through the telephone.
Will is able to affect electricity in the real world, and he communicates with his mom by intensifying the light bulbs — a discovery that leads to the iconic Christmas light alphabet. Joyce turns to the Hawkins sheriff, Hopper ( David Harbour ) to help her get through the gate and into the Upside Down to save her son.
- Eleven is found by Will’s friends, Mike ( Finn Wolfhard ), Lucas ( Caleb McLaughlin ), and Dustin ( Gaten Matarazzo ).
- She is unable to speak much, but is able to prove that Will is alive and trapped in the Upside Down.
- She uses her psychic connection with the Upside Down to channel Will’s voice through a walkie talkie.
While the kids evade Brenner’s attempts to reclaim Eleven, Will’s brother, Jonathan ( Charlie Heaton ) joins Barb’s friend and Mike’s sister, Nancy ( Natalia Dyer ) in tracking down and killing the Demogorgon. With help from Nancy’s boyfriend, Steve Harrington ( Joe Keery ), they discover fire is the Demogorgon’s only weakness and nearly kill it before it portals away.
- We learn the Demogorgon hunts by opening small portals and taking its prey to the Upside Down.
- Once there, they’re intubated with a vine that implants them with slugs, making them hosts for the Demogorgon’s reproduction cycle.
- The hosts can be kept alive for this process, or in the case of the Demogorgon’s second victim, Barb ( Shannon Purser ), they can be dead already.
After Will is rescued and all seems well and good, Will burps up a slug in his bathroom sink, showing the cycle was successful. As for the Demogorgon, Eleven uses her powers to banish it back to the Upside Down. This kind of temporary portal looks way different from a normal gate — a bright light erupts from the Demogorgon’s chest as it disintegrates. It seems that this kind of window to the Upside Down does not have the same qualities as a proper gate.
Why is the Upside Down 2 years behind?
One theory – One explanation for why time in the Upside Down is frozen, rather than flowing ahead to 1986 like in the real world, could be the impact of Eleven opening that first gate. The outburst of power she used and the deep emotions that were running through her were enough to shock the Upside Down into time standing still. Maybe. But this leads us to another equally important question:
Did Vecna take Will in season 1?
When Vecna arrives to claim his victims in Stranger Things season 4, a grandfather clock chimes, acting as an omen of death. Interestingly, a clock can be heard just before Will is taken in season 1, episode 1, ‘The Vanishing of Will Byers,’ as he rides home on his bike.
How long was Vecna in the upside down?
7. Why has Vecna returned now ? – Seriously, what is this guy’s deal? Credit: Courtesy of Netflix We still don’t know why Vecna waited seven years after being banished to the Upside Down before starting his murderous rampage. At this point, I’m not sure we ever will. However, it’s not like Vecna was twiddling his tentacle-y thumbs for seven years.
When did 11 send 1 to the upside down?
How many gates to the Upside Down are there? – Image: Netflix The first known gate is the temporary one Eleven opened in 1979 that she sent Vecna through. Eleven opened the first permanent gate in 1983 after making physical contact with a Demogorgon/Vecna while in a deep psychic state. When that Demogorgon escaped into our world, it was able to create multiple temporary gates between the two dimensions, such as the one in Will’s room and the one Nancy goes through in the base of the tree.
Eleven has also created temporary gates in the years since her escape from the lab, including the one in Hawkins Middle School. In 1984, Russia discovered the Upside Down’s existence and began working on creating its own gate. This is what led to the creation of the Keys, finicky and volatile machines that could temporarily create a gate.
While there are several keys in existence, we only know the locations of two: the one under Starcourt Mall and the one in Kamchatka. After destroying the Starcourt gate in season 3, the Hawkins gang thought they’d closed all the openings to the Upside Down.
But when Vecna killed Chrissy, Fred, and Patrick, each of their deaths coincided with the opening of a new gate. However, when Vecna got his fourth sacrifice in Max, it didn’t just create another small gate. Instead, huge rifts between the worlds opened up throughout Hawkins, turning the entire city into the biggest gate yet.
So how many gates are there, exactly? The answer: too many.
Who was Vecna before?
What is Vecna’s origin story on Stranger Things ? – In episode 7, Vecna is revealed to be Henry Creel (played as a youngster by Raphael Luce), the son of Victor Creel (Robert Englund) and his wife Virginia (Tyner Rushing) shown in the 1950s flashbacks.
- As he began to show supernatural abilities, his family moved to a new home in Hawkins, Indiana, to give him a fresh start.
- After discovering a nest of black widows in their home, Henry became increasingly fascinated with the creatures and began to hate human civilization.
- He later gained the ability of telekinesis, which he used to torment his family, leading his father to believe their house was haunted.
His resentment for his family eventually led Henry to kill his mother and sister and frame his father for their murders. Since Henry didn’t have a full grasp of his powers at the time, he fell into a coma only to wake up under the care of Dr. Martin Brenner ( Matthew Modine ).
Did 001 create the upside down?
Did Eleven Create The Upside Down? – One of the biggest questions is how was the Upside Down created in Stranger Things, Millie Bobby Brown spoke about this in an interview with Variety in 2022. When the actress was asked if the Duffer Brothers explained that Eleven creates the Upside Down when she interacts with 001, she said, “They did tell me.
She does. She opens the rift.” When asked if Eleven creates the Upside Down or if she opens a portal to this alternate dimension, Brown said that in her opinion, her character opens the gate. Brown said, “This is too big of a debate for me to answer. I’m so worried. I think — no, no, no. I think that the alternate universe was always there.
That is always going to be under Hawkins. I just think she has access to it. I don’t think that she created the Upside Down. No, I think that it was always there, I think she just created a gate to it which no one could before.” While there won’t be a Millie Bobby Brown Stranger Things spin-off, it’s always interesting hearing Brown’s perspective on her popular, clever, and tough character.
Did Eleven create Vecna?
Eleven may not have created the Upside Down, but she did direct its fire. – Stranger Things 4 left fans with some enormous revelations. The monstrous Vecna (Jamie Campbell Bower) is eventually revealed to be One, a person with the same potential for untold supernatural abilities as Eleven.
- In Eleven’s true origin story, she faces off against One after the latter threatens to destroy humanity.
- She is able to rip open a door to the Upside Down and sends One through, where he eventually becomes Vecna.
- Article continues below advertisement If that weren’t shocking enough, he also reveals that he has been using the Upside Down to target Hawkins this whole time in an attempt to destroy Eleven and the world.
He’s essentially been around since the beginning, throwing monsters at Eleven throughout the whole series. Now, after all this time, their years-long conflict is about to hit its climax. “Every ending has a beginning,” the Stranger Things 4 trailer forebodes.
Is the upside down 3 years in the past?
Warning: contains Stranger Things Season 4 spoilers. When the Stranger Things gang needed weaponry to fight off the Upside Down’s demobats in Season 4 Vol. I, they stopped off at the Byers house to pick up Nancy’s gun collection. There, they made two major discoveries.
- The first was how to communicate between the Upside Down and the normal world through lightbulbs, like Will did in Season 1.
- The second discovery was that the Upside Down – previously thought to be a copy of the normal world where time ran in parallel – was stuck in the past.
- Specifically, time there had stopped moving forwards on November 6 th 1983, the exact date that Will Byers went missing after Eleven opened a gate to the Upside Down.
Nancy realises it when her bedroom décor is outdated and still contains toys, shoes and revision notes that she no longer owns in 1986, and her guns aren’t there. Picking up her journal, she says: “This diary should be full of entries, it’s not. The last entry is November 6 th 1983, the day Will went missing, the day the gate opened.
Why is the upside in 1983?
Why The Upside Down Is Stuck In 1983 Warning: Spoilers for Stranger Things season 4, volume 1! In season 4’s “Chapter Seven: The Massacre at Hawkins Lab,” it was confirmed that the Upside Down was stuck in 1983, and there are several reasons why. The Upside Down has been an integral setting in Stranger Things, serving as a mysterious alternate dimension parallel to the real world.
When doors, or “gates,” have opened between the two dimensions, threats from the Upside Down leak into Hawkins, Indiana. At times, humans have been able to investigate the Upside Down, including houses and infrastructure that mirror Hawkins, albeit in a darker environment covered in spores, roots, and swirling ash-like dust.
Will Byers was the first person to spend ample time in the Upside Down and make it back to the real world. Though he was later confirmed to be the new, it confirmed that humans could travel throughout the alternate dimension. In Stranger Things season 4, episode 7, “Chapter Seven: The Massacre at Hawkins Lab,” Nancy, Robin, and Eddie followed Steve through the “water gate,” leading to the Upside Down.
- With the threat of Demobats, Nancy suggested going to the Upside Down version of her house to retrieve her guns.
- While there, she discovered that the guns hidden in her room weren’t there.
- This was because her guns hadn’t existed yet, realizing through the diary in her room that the Upside Down was stuck in November 6, 1983.
The date of November 6, 1983, is significant in for several reasons. First, it was the date that Dr. Martin Brenner requested that Eleven make contact with a “monster” with her telekinetic powers. Out of fear, she accidentally opened a portal between her world and the Upside Down, allowing the Demogorgon to travel through.
- As Eleven escaped Hawkins Lab, Will Byers was also taken by the Demogorgon into the Upside Down that same day.
- With Eleven opening a gate and the Demogorgon’s actions in Hawkins, this was likely the first time that elements from both dimensions mixed.
- The events of the dimensions bleeding together likely locked the Upside Down in November 6, 1983, in some kind of endless time loop.
Granted, it’s important to examine why the Upside Down didn’t get stuck in September 8, 1979, when was banished to the dimension. When Eleven tapped into her memories to rediscover the whole truth centering around the massacre of Hawkin’s Lab, Vecna’s true identity was revealed. Henry Creel was “001,” but his powers were suppressed out of fear that he couldn’t be controlled. Henry wanted Eleven to join him on his mission to take over the world, and when she declined, the pair faced off in the Rainbow Room.
- Eleven overpowered him, and Henry’s body turned to dust before disappearing through a red crack in the wall.
- The crack Henry’s dusted body went through was different than the gate Eleven opened in,
- Whereas that one was more like a door-like portal humans and monsters could travel through, the entry in 1979 was more like a window.
As Henry’s reformed body flew through the air, exposure and lightning transformed him into Vecna. Interestingly, the surrounding environment looked nothing like Hawkins. The dimension shown had two mirrored layers covered in mountains and what looked like lava flows.
- This suggests that the Upside Down in Stranger Things wasn’t formed yet in 1979.
- That means the replication of Hawkins either occurred the day Eleven opened the gate in 1983, or Vecna used his powers to replicate Hawkins but stopped that day as his sights turned to Eleven.
- More: Stranger Things season 4, volume 2 releases July 1, 2022, on Netflix.
Want more Stranger Things season 4 articles? Check out our essential content below. : Why The Upside Down Is Stuck In 1983
Why does Vecna need 4 kills?
Stranger Things shows that Vecna’s season 4 victims are found in his Mindscape separate from the real world and Upside Down. Here’s why that could be. Warning: contains SPOILERS for Stranger Things season 4. Stranger Things season 4 shows the bodies of Vecna’s (Jamie Campbell Bower) teenage Hawkins victims in his Mindscape – but why exactly does he keep them? Vecna’s first season 4 victim is Chrissy Cunningham (Grace Van Dien), who is targeted based on the trauma she carries due to her body-shaming mother.
- Likewise, Vecna’s subsequent victims hold their own traumatic histories – school newspaper reporter Fred Benson (Logan Riley Bruner) was involved in a deadly car accident and fled from the scene, and basketball player Patrick McKinney (Myles Truitt) had an abusive father.
- Vecna also eventually targets Max (Sadie Sink) and Nancy (Natalia Dyer) for their own traumatic pasts regarding the deaths of people important to them.
Ultimately, it is revealed in Stranger Things season 4’s finale that the reason why Vecna was killing Hawkins teenagers was to create a massive gate that merges the Right Side Up with the Upside Down – and he specifically needed four bodies to do so.
- Max first encounters Vecna’s Mindscape in the Stranger Things episode “Dear Billy,” where she finds psychological iterations of Chrissy and Fred’s disfigured bodies entrapped by vines in trunk-like structures.
- The bodies found in Vecna’s Mindscape are only his recent victims – Vecna’s sister and mother, along with the Hawkins Lab massacre victims, aren’t seen.
This suggests that the bodies of Vecna’s recent victims, even as figurative Mindscape creations, are needed for a deeper purpose. Understanding why Vecna keeps his victims further helps explain why he was killing them in the first place. After all, Stranger Things’ Vecna waited seven years before he started killing again, and his recent Hawkins victims differentiate from his family and the Hawkins lab victims because they’re completely unknown to Vecna.
Why did 1 turn into Vecna?
|”||It’s time for your suffering. to end.||”|
Vecna is the main antagonist from the fourth season of Stranger Things, He is portrayed by Jamie Campbell Bower as an adult and by Raphael Luce as a child. A fearsome entity aligned with the Upside Down, Vecna had humble origins as the human Henry Creel,
- After moving to a new home in Hawkins in 1959, the young Henry discovered he had remarkable psychokinetic abilities and could manipulate the perceptions of others.
- Motivated by a misanthropic and nihilistic philosophy, Henry used his powers to psychologically torture his family, eventually killing his mother and sister,
After Henry’s father, Victor, was falsely presumed to be the killer, Victor was imprisoned and driven further into madness. These events would draw the interest of Dr. Martin Brenner, who took Henry to Hawkins National Laboratory to be studied; he was designated 001, becoming the laboratory’s first child test subject,
- Brenner implanted “Soteria” into Henry’s neck, a miniature device that suppressed his powers and apparently tracked his movements; in Henry’s own words, he had become a ‘prisoner’.
- In time, Henry became one of several orderlies who assisted Brenner and attended the lab.
- Brenner would go on to replicate Henry’s powers in seventeen other child test subjects, who also had their movements and lives restricted to the lab’s confines.
In 1979, Henry tricked test subject Eleven into removing the Soteria chip with her powers. In a fit of rage, Henry used his restored powers to brutally murder the other test subjects and workers, and attempted to do the same to Eleven. However, Eleven stood her ground and ultimately overpowered him, sending him through a gate to the Upside Down; there, he gradually transformed into the being known as Vecna,
He became an explorer of the realm, discovering an exotic, storm-like mass of particles, and used his powers to reconstitute it into a giant, spider-like entity ; a being that would come to be known as “the Mind Flayer”. In 1983, Eleven accidentally opened a second, non-temporary gate at Hawkins Lab when she was forced to make contact with the hive mind.
Vecna, acting through the Mind Flayer and the hive mind, made two separate attempts to eradicate humanity in 1984 and 1985; he first possessed Will Byers and sent a army of adolescent Demogorgons to attack Hawkins Lab, before going on to possess a large group of humans and using their flesh to create a gigantic spider-like monster in the image of the Mind Flayer.
In both instances, Eleven and her allies ultimately thwarted Vecna’s plans by closing the gates to the Upside Down. In 1986, Vecna resurfaced, taking a more direct approach in his attempts to destroy humanity. He began murdering a host of Hawkins residents, tormenting his victims with his curse power and using their deaths to open a series of new gates,
Dustin, Nancy, Max and others began investigating the murders, nicknaming the murderer ‘Vecna’ after a character from Dungeons & Dragons, The group’s efforts to defeat Vecna culminated in a dual assault; Eleven used psychic projection to confront Vecna within his own mind, while Nancy, Steve and Robin traveled to the Upside Down version of the Creel House to attack his real body.
Was Barb killed by Vecna?
Legacy – A year later, Barbara’s death acted as the inspiration for Nancy and Jonathan in their endeavor to expose the Hawkins National Laboratory, With help from a private investigator, Murray Bauman, who was also investigating Barb’s death, the three worked together to release evidence recorded from Dr. By 1986, the death of Barb Holland is what many believed to be what set off the “curse” of Hawkins. Fred Benson, a friend of Nancy’s who was similar to Barb, was cursed and killed by Vecna, His death brought back Nancy’s trauma, guilt, and grief over Barb’s death.
Why was Vecna dormant for 7 years?
Stranger Things: Why Vecna Waited Seven Years To Start Killing Again WARNING! This article contains SPOILERS for Stranger Things season 4, volume 1! Vecna took a seven-year hiatus from killing before season 4, with this timeframe seeing him trapped in the Upside Down.
- Vecna isn’t the first Upside Down villain to murder teenagers in Hawkins, but he’s surely the most terrifying.
- Unlike the Mind Flayer and Demogorgons, Vecna is actually human and not necessarily a product of the Upside Down, as was banished by Eleven to the dimension in September 1979 after he massacred everyone at Hawkins Lab.
While the Duffer brothers revealed that they had planned on Vecna being the major villain since the beginning of Stranger Things, the Hawkins characters had to contend with many other Upside Down foes first. After Eleven opened the gate to the Upside Down in 1983, Stranger Things season 1’s deaths were largely caused by the Demogorgons.
- In seasons 2 and 3, when the gate was reopened, the Mind Flayer accumulated the Upside Down’s many casualties from Hawkins.
- After seven years of being captive in the Upside Down, Vecna finally began taking his own victims again in Stranger Things season 4’s 1986 timeline.
- Beginning with Chrissy Cunningham, Vecna has taken the lives of three teens so far, with Max and,
Since Vecna’s wrath appears to be far more brutal than that of the Mind Flayer, it was curious that he wouldn’t personally kill any characters during the seven-year timeline that he was trapped in the Upside Down. Unlike the Demogorgons, Vecna doesn’t even have to leave the Upside Down to murder his victims, as he torments them through their minds. When Number One revealed his true identity to, he explained that he became more and more powerful with each victim he took. While Henry Creel had taken over a dozen victims during the Hawkins Lab massacre, his fall into the Upside Down depicted him being struck with lightning and slowly morphing into the Upside Down’s Vecna, hinting that it would take time before he could once again reach the height of his power.
- Since Dustin refers to Vecna as the realm’s ” five-star general,” it’s likely that he sent the Mind Flayer to take more victims that could feed his powers and grow his strength through the alternate dimension, as deceased humans, are shown to be attached to its structural vines.
- Perhaps these vines that travel throughout the victims are actually feeding their lives (and trauma) to Vecna, making him stronger over the years.
There isn’t necessarily a pattern to Vecna’s kill cycles to explain why he had to wait seven years. After Henry Creel killed his mother and sister in 1959, he couldn’t take any more lives until 20 years later in 1979, but this was only when Eleven removed his Soteria chip.
- It then took Vecna seven years before he could kill again in 1986, so this gap between kills is more than likely explained by a necessity to regain his infiltrative powers.
- As Vecna is seemingly building an army of his victims inside of his mindscape (), Stranger Things season 4’s villain is building up his strength for a massive takeover in Hawkins.
Next: Stranger Things season 4, volume 2 releases on Netflix on July 1. : Stranger Things: Why Vecna Waited Seven Years To Start Killing Again
Why did Vecna choose Nancy?
A Therapist Explains Why Vecna Chose Nancy in ‘Stranger Things 4′ This content is imported from youTube. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. In the world of Stranger Things, may well be one of the most compelling villains to ever emerge from the Upside Down, and some of the tensest moments in Season 4 came when a character would hear the sinister chimes that heralded is presence.
- One such moment occurred in the cliffhanger episode that ended Vol.1, where Nancy fell under Vecna’s spell.
- Nancy’s encounter with Vecna definitely starts out similarly to the others, with him taking her back to the source of her guilt and shame: the death of Barb in Season 1.
- But he doesn’t go in for the kill, instead choosing to share his master plan with her.
While this is something of a supervillain trope, it doesn’t exactly make sense for him to reveal his intentions on a plot level., however, believes there’s a sound psychological reason for this. “When someone changes their pattern there’s always a reason for it, and Vecna’s interaction with Nancy is very different,” she says.
How old was Vecna when 11 was born?
A ‘Stranger Things’ Fan Figured Out the Connection Between Vecna and Eleven’s Real Dad has a way of keeping viewers on their toes and with one last season remaining, the are all-consuming. But there’s been one question floating around since the start of the : Who is Eleven ( Millie Bobby Brown )’s biological father? Well, it seems that season 4 left a massive trail of breadcrumbs, and fans have picked up on it.
With Eleven returning to the Hawkins Lab to regain her powers and consequentially reliving her upbringing in the facility, fans on pointed out Eleven’s unmatched strength over all the other kids, and that’s because some believe that her dad is actually One. Honestly, the math adds up. A video posted by Just The Nobodys podcast lays out a timeline of the MKUltra experiments (basically how all the kids got their powers) — starting with Eleven’s mom Terry Ives ( Aimee Mullins ) who joined the project in 1969.
We know Eleven was born in 1971, which means her mom got pregnant with her during the tests, sometime in 1970. A 1959 flashback in the mid-season 4 finale reveals a 12-year-old One ( Jamie Campbell Bower ). That puts One, a.k.a., as 24 when Eleven was born.
- The theory is that Brenner knew that none of the kids, numbers Two through Ten, were as strong as number One,” one of the podcast hosts said in the TikTok clip. “So, Dr.
- Brenner waited for One to get older to make him breed with Terry Ives to create Eleven — to make sure that she was the strongest, and clearly, she is.” Stranger Things fans seem split as some commenters bought into it, while others still held onto skepticism.
“Could explain why the mother has visions. It’s because the Vecna (001) is actually inside her just like Will 😳,” one person wrote in the comments section. “I used to think Papa was her actual dad,” another added. “That’s what I thought, but looks wayyy younger than El’s mom 💀💀,” a different fan said.
Like the TikTok points out, One also knows exactly how to unlock Eleven’s full powers, unlike Brenner. It’s because Eleven has the same exact powers that he does. He even says that she reminds him a lot of himself. In “Chapter Six: The Dive,” One tells Eleven that Brenner doesn’t always tell the truth.
Fans think that One hinted at her mother here but gets punished by Brenner because he doesn’t want Eleven to know the truth about her parents. We’ve certainly heard stranger things, Let’s hope all will be revealed in season 5! You Might Also Like : A ‘Stranger Things’ Fan Figured Out the Connection Between Vecna and Eleven’s Real Dad
Why did 11 forget about 1?
*1981: Eleven, now the only child left in HNL, tests her powers on soda cans, a cat, and in the Void where she spies on a Russian man. – Eleven in a flashback shown in “Stranger Things” season one. Netflix As the Duffer Brothers explained in an interview with Variety, the Massacre at Hawkins Lab was so traumatic for Eleven that she effectively blocked out all memories from 1979 and earlier.
That’s why her grammar was so limited again, and we saw in flashbacks that she had to be re-trained to use basic powers. Brenner stopped trying to replicate the supernatural abilities on other children, making Eleven the sole test subject in the lab. She was able to enter into some sort of subconscious Void and listen to people speak and see some of their surroundings.
The Department of Energy seemed to be planning on using Eleven to spy on Russians (and maybe even remotely assassinate them). But while she was in the Void one day, Eleven encountered a Demogorgon — one of the creatures who live in the Upside Down.
How did 008 escape Hawkins lab?
How did Kali escape the lab? – Kali arrived at the lab around the age of 5, became friends with Eleven, and later managed to escape before 1979. She explains in season 2 that she escaped the lab once her powers had become strong enough. In season 4, Peter Ballard notes that Kali was no longer at the lab in 1979.
- Given Kali’s powers, it seems pretty self-explanatory as to how she was able to escape the lab.
- She either made herself invisible or was able to escape after manipulating the minds and visions of the guards.
- It’s currently unclear if Kali’s escape had anything to do with Peter Ballard, although it could be possible seeing as he tried to help Eleven escape too.
READ MORE: Stranger Things 4 theory explains how Eleven might lose against Vecna Stranger Things 4: What happened to Kali/008? Picture: Netflix
Why was 11 so special?
Conception and writing – The Duffer Brothers based the character of Eleven on survivors of the Project MKUltra experiments, with influences from E.T. and the idea of being an outsider. They also drew inspiration from the anime Elfen Lied and Akira, saying they “wanted there to be a mystery in her past, and also have her seem a little scary.” Originally planned as a feature film, Stranger Things was then pitched to Netflix as a limited series, and it was planned that Eleven would sacrifice herself in the last episode of the series.
What episode does Will get out of the upside down?
” Chapter Eight: The Upside Down ” is the eighth episode of Stranger Things and the final episode of the first season, It was written by Paul Dichter and the Duffer Brothers, and was directed by the Duffer Brothers. It premiered on Netflix on July 15, 2016 along with the rest of the season.
How long is the vanishing of Will Byers?
Chapter One: The Vanishing of Will Byers
|‘Chapter One: The Vanishing of Will Byers’|
|Written by||The Duffer Brothers|
|Original release date||July 15, 2016|
|Running time||49 minutes|
When did Will Byers get out of the upside down?
Will Senses Vecna’s Presence Following The Monster’s Retreat (Season 4) – The final key event in Will Byers’ story (for now, at least) came in the closing minutes of the Stranger Things Season 4, Volume 2 ending after the core characters are all reunited following Vecna’s retreat.
What started out as a joyful reunion quickly turned into something more unknown and sinister as everyone began to the pick up on the fact that something wasn’t right. And who was the first to notice this? Will Byers, who felt that tingling sensation on the back of his neck once more. What this means for Will’s story going forward is just one of the big questions Stranger Things Season 5 will hopefully answer before the show comes to an end.
Does this mean “The Boy Who Came Back to Life” will have a larger role in the final fight against Vecna and the Upside Down? We’ll have to wait and see With only one season left before the incredibly popular Netflix series rolls credits for the final time, expect to see some more major events go down in the story of Will Byers before everything is said and done.
- If you want to relive these moments before then, you can stream Stranger Things on Netflix.
- Your Daily Blend of Entertainment News Philip grew up in Louisiana (not New Orleans) before moving to St.
- Louis after graduating from Louisiana State University-Shreveport.
- When he’s not writing about movies or television, Philip can be found being chased by his three kids, telling his dogs to stop barking at the mailman, or yelling about professional wrestling to his wife.
If the stars properly align, he will talk about For Love Of The Game being the best baseball movie of all time.
Is Will trapped in the upside down?
The Demogorgon’s hunt – Amidst the chaos inflicted by the gate’s creation, Eleven found a means to escape from the lab. Meanwhile, the Monster set foot in the human world and proceeded to attack its first victims. The Monster, known by some as the Demogorgon, moved through dimensions by creating temporary gates. Nancy Wheeler enters the Upside Down through a gate Will Byers, found attached to a vine At one point, Nancy Wheeler entered the Upside Down through a temporary gate the Monster had made in the base of a tree. She realized it was dangerous to stay in the dimension, quickly leaving before the Monster could find her.
Although Will Byers was taken into the Upside Down by the Demogorgon, he managed to evade capture for several days. During that time, he attempted to communicate with his mother after he realized he could manipulate electricity in his home dimension. On one occasion Will found a partially resealed gate in the wall, using it to briefly talk to his mother before it finished resealing.
The Demogorgon eventually found Will inside Castle Byers and took him to the public library. Shortly after Will’s capture, Hopper and Joyce entered the Upside Down via the Mothergate, retracing the blood-stained footsteps of the Demogorgon, and were eventually led to the library.
There, they discovered Will attached to a vine extending down his throat; Hopper immediately removed and destroyed the vine, and with Joyce, resuscitated Will. The three then returned through the Mothergate and took Will to hospital. That same night, Eleven and her friends Mike, Lucas and Dustin were ambushed by government agents at Hawkins Middle School,
Eleven used her abilities to kill many of the agents, but by doing so, accidentally drew the attention of the Demogorgon, attracted to the spilled blood. Eleven exits the Upside Down via a gate Eleven used her remaining strength to disintegrate the Demogorgon, and in the process, vanished in a cloud of dust. However, Eleven had not disintegrated like the Demogorgon, but was instead transported to the Upside Down. She quickly escaped by using the gate the Demogorgon had left behind in the corridor wall.