How Long Does iOS 16 Take To Install: Download+Install Times An easy-to-follow guide on how long the iOS 16 update needs to install Are you wondering if you can update your phone before heading out for the night? You already know that your iPhone won’t update over cellular data and want to see if you can get the update before you leave the house.
- Pre-installation processes like syncing and creating backups can take 5-30 minutes.
- Downloading iOS 16 takes about 10-40 minutes.
- Installing iOS 16 takes about 10-20 minutes.
- 1 Syncing takes 5-10 minutes (optional). While this isn’t a necessary part of installing an update, you want to make sure every Apple device you have is on the same page.
- This normally happens automatically with iCloud, but you can plug your phone into your computer and sync with or Finder to be positive.
- 2 Backups take about 5-30 minutes (optional). You also don’t need to have a backup to upgrade your iOS, but it’s good to have something to fall back on if the process is messed up and you have to revert to a previous state. If you don’t have a backup, you run the risk of losing all your data.
- You can create a backup with iCloud by going to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Back Up Now,
- To, plug your phone into your computer with iTunes open and it should automatically begin the process.
- 3 iOS 16 downloading time takes about 10-40 minutes. This number depends on a few factors like your Internet connection, how much space is left on your iPhone, if you’re using iOS 15 or an older version, how many, and your iPhone’s model ( to download the update).
- For instance, if you have iOS 15.7, which is the update previous to 16, the download is around 2-3 GB. If you are upgrading from an older iOS, the download will be larger.
- If you’re updating to iOS 16.4.1, this can take 7 minutes to an hour, depending on the same factors. If you’re using a ridiculously slow Internet connection (like something slower than 1mbps), you could be looking at a 30min+ download time.
- Is your iPhone stuck on the downloading screen? There are a including checking your Wi-Fi connection.
- To, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install,
- 4 iOS 16 Installation takes about 10-20 minutes. This also varies depending on a few factors. For instance, if you have an iPhone 13 running iOS 15.6.1, this should take about 10 minutes. If you have an older phone running an older iOS, installing iOS 16 will take a considerably longer amount of time.
- The installation of iOS 16.4.1 takes anywhere from 8-20 minutes, depending on your phone model and the latest iOS. If you have iOS 16.4 running, installing 16.4.1 will take less time than if you were running an older iOS.
- Your phone may restart multiple times during the installation and that’s ok. When the update is done, your phone will restart one last time and boot normally for you.
- 5 Post-installation times will vary. After you update, you’ll most likely need to relog into a few apps or enter your password to use iCloud and iTunes. Depending on your speed and expertise, this can take a few extra minutes or seconds.
Ask a Question Advertisement Written by: wikiHow Technology Writer This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer,, Darlene Antonelli is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Darlene has experience teaching college courses, writing technology-related articles, and working hands-on in the technology field.
- Co-authors: 3
- Updated: May 1, 2023
- Views: 4,316
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 4,316 times. : How Long Does iOS 16 Take To Install: Download+Install Times
How long will the iOS 16 update take?
4. iOS 16 Installation- 10 to 20 Mins – Once your device starts downloading iOS 16 from Apple’s server, the installation process will begin. On the latest models of Apple devices, the iOS 16 takes 10 minutes to update. It will take exactly or less than 10 minutes to download on iPhone 13 running on iOS 15.6.1.
Why is it taking so long to install iOS 16?
People Also Asked about iOS Update Taking Forever – 1. Why is my iOS update taking so long? There are many reasons as to why iOS update taking so long such as unstable internet connection, a corrupt or incomplete software download, or any other software-related issue.
Change to a strong and fast Wi-Fi network. Avoid downloading anything else except for the iOS firmware. Don’t update iOS immediately after it releases as Apple Server should be busy at that time. Update iOS with iTunes.
How big is the iOS 16 update?
How big is the iOS 16 update? – The update for iOS 16 is about 2.8GB. It took me about an hour to download and install, so make sure you’re not going to need your phone for a while before you start the download. The iOS 16 release date wasn’t the only thing announced Wednesday. Watch this: Testing iOS 16 (Edit/Delete Sent Messages, New Lock Screen and More!) 16:22
Is iOS 16 quicker?
iPhone 11, 12 and 13 perform well on iOS 16 – The iPhone 13 runs every bit as fast, scoring a 4639 on the Geekbench multi-core test when running iOS 16 versus 4627 under iOS 15. The same holds true when testing the iPhone 12. The 2020 model hit 4012 on the multi-core test running iOS 16 compared to 4030 for iOS 15 – less than half a percent difference.
Running Geekbench 5 on the iPhone 11, iOS 16 yielded a score of 3270 versus 3385 for iOS 15. That’s a 3% decrease. The worst performer was 2018’s iPhone XR. Its multi-core score under iOS 16 came in at 2494 versus 2680 iOS 15. That’s a 7% decrease. Before anyone gets the idea that Apple’s new operating system runs progressively worse on older models, the Geekbench multi-core score for 2017’s iPhone 8 running iOS 16 is 2394, while the iOS 15 score is 2265.
That’s a 6% improvement from the new version of iOS. Of the five models tested, two posted very similar performance between iOS 16 and iOS 15 and one experienced a speed increase. While two experienced slightly decreased benchmark scores – which are not ideal – neither drop qualifies as destroying the performance, as the warnings say.